Vantage Woofer rumble - ML follow-up

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Heard back from Jim Power today and his reply was the amount of rumble that I am hearing is completely normal, He said the summitts do it as well albeit slightly different because of their Dbl base driver set-up. When I asked him about shortening the life expectency of the Bass driver his reply was.... shouldn't be a problem !! ??......time will tell !!

Any speaker hooked up to an active amplifier will make some sound based on my experience. Though most of the time it tends to be more white noise then hum. My Summits do make some sound from the woofer but it is not a hum and it is very low in level.

All I can say is don't let it drive you crazy as long as you don't hear it in a silent room from your listening position, it is not harming your listening experience........Steve

Speakers are supposed to make noise when power and signal is applied. Many servo subs make some kind of low level noise at idle. Cannot imagine any harm to longetivity caused a rumble that is inaudible from a couple feet away.

Back