Vantage Trim - help Joey out!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Joe!

For a second there, I thought you were telling me to buy the Summits.... LOL!!!

Looks reeeeal black.... hmm...

I'll go check out the black Vantage they have at the Schaumburg, IL Tweeter store. :)

Joey_V said:
Thanks Joe!

For a second there, I thought you were telling me to buy the Summits.... LOL!!!

Looks reeeeal black.... hmm...

I'll go check out the black Vantage they have at the Schaumburg, IL Tweeter store. :)

You can if you want. :D

Joey_V said:
Joe... I dont know what you heard, but last time I checked, I was still in college... lol! :D

Hay when you are spending five grand on a pair of speakers whats another three. :D

I don't know if anyone looked at the listing, but there are TWO pair being sold from a 4.1 system. That must be sick. The funny thing is, I can relate to the seller wanting the double dragon PRS. Certainly a collectors item in every sense of the word.

Somehow I think he was photographing the guitars, not the speakers. Anyway, 8 grand a pair is not too far from what you'd pay for brand new.

Joey_V said:
Did you get black/black for your Vantages? If so, can you send me a pic? Thanks Steve! ;)

Will do, I gotta clean up my place a bit first, then i'll snap a couple shots.

Here's some photos of Summits dressed in Dark Cherry with Black Aluminum to give you an idea of how they look in a setup. This trim works well in my room. The nice thing about all black is that it is timeless and works with any decor. The blue lights on the Summits are pretty cool (actually they're close to being purple) and match the blue lights on the Electrocompaniet gear. I'll have to add this system to Member's Systems section.

These pics are not focused due to not using a flash. I wanted to capture the color of the wood and the flash makes it look lighter than it really is. I'll keep working to get better photos.

Attachments

• Summit System Angle 2.jpg
    Summit System Angle 2.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Summit Speakers 011 (Medium).jpg
    Summit Speakers 011 (Medium).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Summit Speakers 016.jpg
    Summit Speakers 016.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 94
  • DarkCherry.jpg
    DarkCherry.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 90
This is what the Dark Cherry looks like with the camera flash. It's focused but it makes the wood looks a little more Natural Cherry than Dark Cherry.

Attachments

• DK Cherry with Flash.jpg
    DK Cherry with Flash.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 182
Craig... ABSOLUTELY beautiful! Thanks so much for taking the time to take photos! :)

I'm gonna visit the Tweeter now and look at the black/black and try to compare with the dark cherry/black... will be back soon. ;)

Hi,
To get clear shots without the flash, try resting or bracing the camera on/against something solid to prevent camera movement during the longer exposure required without the flash.

Peter

Joey_V said:
Craig... ABSOLUTELY beautiful! Thanks so much for taking the time to take photos! :)

I'm gonna visit the Tweeter now and look at the black/black and try to compare with the dark cherry/black... will be back soon. ;)
I got a pair of Summits with black on black which replaced a black on black pair of Ascent i's. My equipment rack is also black so they match the general decor. I can tell you that the black calls less attention to itself and makes the speaker even more "invisible" in the room. My wife who is picky about the looks of anything in the room, looked at all the colors, and thought that the black/black was by far the best. It is a personal taste thing but if you are going to live with these speakers for a long time you should be happy with your choice. Good luck!

Piano Black on Piano Black

Black on Black is my vote as it is timeless and goes with everything.

My personal preference is the Piano Black / Piano Black, its a bit more cash but that's just because I am high maintenance... :D

Cheers

-Robin

I asked ML how much for piano black... they told me that if they chose to do it, it would be around $1000 additional. I fell over my chair.

:p

Anyway, I went to Schaumburg Tweeter in hopes of seeing the black Vantage.... but noooo, they had the dark cherry/black Vantage. Very nice though, but I still want to see what a black/black looks like in person. Dang it!

:mad:

I need a better pic of the summit in black if possible... babydoc, do you have pics you can send me?

Just got off talking with ML, they said the Vantage trim browser should be up today... lets hope so!

Gotta pull the trigger soon... seeing this much cash in my checking account and thinking of the damage post-purchase is beginning to take a toll on my resilience of buying new speakers.

Joey_V said:
Just got off talking with ML, they said the Vantage trim browser should be up today... lets hope so!

Just checked, the trim browser for the Vantage is now online at MartinLogan.com.

Back