Vantage + Depth

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macallan

Reaction score
I am looking to put together a 2 channel system with Vantages and possibly a depth (if needed). If i use a Modwright or any tubed preamp with 2 outputs would it be best to use the RCA outputs from the Modwright for the Depth or connect the depth with speaker level inputs directly to the amp using speaker wire. How is this done? I will use this system primarily for music but will also connect my tv so some low bass may be needed.

For 2-channel music, I don't think you need to add a sub (Depth) with the Vantage(s). The Vantages are more than capable of putting out enough bass using their internal 200-watt amp (per-channel). I suggest you audition the Vantage in a 2-channel setting to see whether you still need to add the Depth.
On the other front, I'm not too sure about the connection to the Depth so I can't give any suggestion. That said, the ModWright is an excellent pre-amp if it is on your short list.

Good luck
Spike

I just got my Vantages last Friday. They definitely do not need a sub for music. As a matter of fact, I ended up removing my Def Tech Supercube sub.

I also find that a sub isnt really needed with my Vantages. But if you really want to get a depth, I suggest the RCA inputs.

Back