vantage auction

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vantage Auction

This auction may be a caveat emptor, folks. I've written the seller a couple of times and have found his replies suspect. :confused:

output555 said:
This auction may be a caveat emptor, folks. I've written the seller a couple of times and have found his replies suspect. :confused:
I agree, just look at how the idiot wrote up his discription !

twich54 said:
I agree, just look at how the idiot wrote up his discription !
Nice statement :rolleyes: if you took the time to check his feedback you could easily see that english may not be his first language. The auction price is low enough that someone is likely to get a great deal on these speakers.

Last edited:
attyonline said:
Nice statement :rolleyes: if you took the time to check his feedback you could easily see that english may not be his first language. The auction price is low enough that someone is likely to get a great deal on these speakers.
Look at the logic behind the add, I just bought them, but I don't like them cause I,m a Sonus Fan !! ?? Any body who makes a purchase of that magnitude with out forethought is an idiot !!!!

Vantage Auction

Not to relentlessly beat up on this guy--he may be legit--but he claims he is selling them for the cash rather than return them to Tweeter for a refund. Huh? Claims that he charged the speakers and will only get a credit card charge back. So, with an uncanny grasp of economics he'll sell the speakers for less money just to get cold hard cash.

This has nothing to do with a language barrier as best as I can tell.

output555 said:
Not to relentlessly beat up on this guy--he may be legit--but he claims he is selling them for the cash rather than return them to Tweeter for a refund. Huh? Claims that he charged the speakers and will only get a credit card charge back. So, with an uncanny grasp of economics he'll sell the speakers for less money just to get cold hard cash.

This has nothing to do with a language barrier as best as I can tell.
Or credit card fraud.

I find it funny that he is a Sonus faber fan, but he purchased a pair of Martin Logan’s.

Gee, I wish I had that kind of money to buy a pair of speakers that I don’t want only to sell them on Audiogon for cash, and pay the credit card off later.

He has sold a few sets of speakers with great feedback so it might be legit and you could get a great buy.

Some guy offered me $2500 for my Vantages because he figured that's what they were worth, basing it off the current (but unrelated) Vantage auction price.

Needless to say, I told him that I sold my Vantages for almost $2000 more than that.

What a lowballer...

Anyway, regarding the guy - HOW he can exchange again but not return his Vantages is beyond me. I wouldnt touch that auction, he's not telling the whole story.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back