Used Summit / Summit X

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterHo

Reaction score
Greetings from Germany to the group,

I decided to look for used Montis or Summit or Summit X to reach the next level compared to my EM-ESL....

Is there any rule of thumb to judge if an asked price is fair?
So far I haven't seen enough offers in my area to get that feeling.

An example: Summit X, 4.5 years old, black, first owner, new 18000€, asks for 8200€

Appreciate your expertise

Regards
Peter

Is there any rule of thumb to judge if an asked price is fair?
So far I haven't seen enough offers in my area to get that feeling.
Well, I bought in February a pair of Summit X on eBay, delivered from Germany to France for 6000€.
They work great.
Compared to the second hand prices in the States, I thought this was a fair price.
But the second hand market for Martin Logans in Europe is small, the market for a specific Martin Logan model even smaller, so you may have to wait quite a long time before you find the model you want at a reasonable price.
In my case, I had to wait for 1 year before I found this offer...
Beware especially of "direct owner to buyer" offers on some forums, they are full of scams, and considering the price you want the maximum possible confidence into the seller.
What I like a lot with eBay is the rating system of sellers, and the Paypal warranty when you are allowed to pay with it.

Peter, assuming all is good with the used Summit X's and original packaging is all there then anything at or less than 50% of original is fair IMO

Back