Used ML Price guideline

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hipgrncln

Reaction score
Wondering where I might find a used ML Pricelist. Looking at a perfect pair of Oddysey's for $5000.00 Is it a fair deal ???

Bob J

Used Odysseys

5k doesn't seem like a great price to me. I saw a pair of demos here in Mt Pleasant, SC last weekend advertised under 3k and sure enough when I went to see them the price was real and in GREAT condition. They were @ Tweeters. 843-388-8509.

Under $3k is a very good price for a pair of Odysseys in great condition. $5k is too high these days. The price listing you were looking at is probably in need of an update.

if anyone has a subscription to the blue book on Audiogon, please do a cut and paste of the ML used market averages and send me an email with them so I can update that part of the site.

thx.

Tom

Am looking to sell my Aeons

So a recent price guide for Aeons would be really useful for me. The only data I have are what others are selling theirs for on Audiogon.

I just sold a center channel through Audiogon and all the prices listed including mine were pretty close. It's real competitive right now! I believe used Odysseys are around 4-4500?

Last edited:
Competitive?

By competitive did you mean a buyer's or seller's market? I thought the other Aeons listed were too expensive. I listed mine lower but at a price where I have lots of room for negotiation.

Audiogon and ebay are real market values, not blue books or other inflated indices of value. They reflect what real people are actually paying for specific products. You look at these markets, then compare to dealer demos or closeouts. Many dealers sell their used gear on these sites which they have taken in trade or selling on consignment. The market is now national rather than regional in scope due to the internet. IMO it results in substantially higher value for used gear which benefits frequent upgraders. BTW, the price on the Odysseys mentioned earlier was phenominal. Had I seen it in my area I would have bought them!

attyonline said:
Audiogon and ebay are real market values
Then according to EBay Martin Logan products are gaining in value, considering a $200 cinema center stand sold for $400 and a $50.00 set of speaker spikes sold for $130.00, maybe I should sell my Ascents on eBay, I could get $8000.00 for them used, and it only coast me $4000.00 new. Thanks EBay.

Summits here I come.:D

JK,ing :p

Last edited:
A free market will not always be the least expensive since demand may be irrational from time to time, but over the long haul, ebay and audiogon tell you what price gear is really worth, not necessarily what you want to pay or receive.

attyonline said:
A free market will not always be the least expensive since demand may be irrational from time to time, but over the long haul, ebay and audiogon tell you what price gear is really worth, not necessarily what you want to pay or receive.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :D

Original post-
Wondering where I might find a used ML Pricelist. Looking at a perfect pair of Oddysey's for $5000.00 Is it a fair deal ???

For $5K you'd be much better off buying a new pair of Vantages. They will sound better and require much less power from an amp.

Back