Upgrade the source - CD Player?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
taylode said:
Mark: All of you comments about Shanling has got me really considering adding it to the mix; however, I can't find any dealers. I tried their website but it doesn't have a dealer directory. Do you know how to find out who caries Shanling?

Thanks,

Dennis,

Shanling is imported to the US by Music Hall. I have posted a link to thier website where they have a dealer locater link. This should help you out.

http://www.musichallaudio.com/

Good luck in your quest.... :cool:

sacds, mods

tonyc said:
I am seriously considering a leap of faith and getting either the VSE Level 5 for the Sony or the mod for the Lexicon from the Upgrade Company.

Don't know about Lexicon, but 777 is a better player than my 555 and modded sounds marvellous (I had a chance to listen to Allen's (VSE) lev 4 modded 777 ). Too bad I was too tight with funds to go for a 777 at the time. With lev 5 this player probably can beat just about anything you can find on the market regardless of the price, definitely. Taking into account that - as far as I can remeber the sound - my 555 now sounds close to lev 4 777, I can only imagine what the lev 5 does to 777 :)

The better the front end the more the rest of the system can reveal.

Downside: recently bought some hybrid SACDs (Deutsche Grammophon) - no stereo SACD layer, needs a 5.1 SACD player.

Okay, I'm listening to the Meridian G07 as I type :)

There's definitely a difference (or a lot I should say) between this G07 and my current DVD 5900 DVD/CD Player through analog mode. The Denon sounds thin in comparion to the Meridian, the whole sound stage is awesome with the Meridian! It's also very detailed and open.

Couldn't try the G08 as someone bought one 2 days before, no more left to try out :) I do have balanced in from my pre/pro (Primare SP31.7) so the G8 would have been nice to try out.

Back to listening now.....

BTW, I'm not buying this yet, just borrowing it over the weekend to try out.

Simon

Back