Upgrade from Stage to Stage X - is it worth it?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squasher100

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered already, but is it worth upgrading to the Stage X from Stage (Fronts are Summit X)? Is there a sonic difference? Please advise. Thanks!

Hola. I am a very happy owner of the new Stage X. The new tweeter is more transparent, and has better integration with the Stage electrostatic panel. I think, with all respect, that it really is a better product. The size of the diaphragm of the new tweeter is 8 times bigger than the one inch tweeter of the Stage, and this 8" diaphragm weights less than the one inch size. So, you get less distortion and better blend with the electrostatic panel. I truly think and listen a better product. Happy listening!

The Stage is a great speaker, and while I'm sure the X is an incremental improvement, I can't imagine it is worth the cost of the upgrade. Mind you, I have never heard the X so can't give a definitive answer.

trade

never heard a stage x but i have the stage with my summits and it sounds great. i think your money could be well spent elsewhere the sound from your stage should be more than enough for what you have the X's. If you are a serious 2 channel person no need for a center channel anyway. are you getting the urge to update?

never heard a stage x but i have the stage with my summits and it sounds great. i think your money could be well spent elsewhere the sound from your stage should be more than enough for what you have the X's. If you are a serious 2 channel person no need for a center channel anyway. are you getting the urge to update?

Always :)!

Replace your Stage with an Electromotion. That would be a HUGE sonic improvement. As long as you plan to use it with a projector and audio transparent screen.

Back