Upgrade for my VPI (tonearm/cartridge)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrellYourLife

Reaction score
I'm looking for suggestions to upgrade mi VPI TNT V-HR, JMW 12.5, Benz Micro.

On your opinion changing the cartridge is enough to make a substancial improvement, or the tonearm also needs to be upgraded?
In case i'll love to hear some suggestions for Tonearms and Cartridges. Price is not a problem.

what Benz Micro are you using ? myself, I'm a fan of Benz Micro (Gullwing), your arm is fine, I see no reason to change it. Have you listened to other carts ??

in the past months i listened to the following cartridges:

ZYX Ultimate Dynamic
ZYX Ultimate Diamond
Lyra Etna
Lyra Atlas (until now my favorite)
Etsuro Bordeaux
DS Audio W2
Dynavector XV-1

but i wonder if this kind of cartridges would need a different arm to give their best.

it all comes down to compliance matching, if you haven't yet , take a look here .....

https://www.vinylengine.com
I checked the compatibility between the cartridges and my ARM. They all fall in the 8-11 HZ range with the JMW 12.5.
So compliance is not a problem.
My question is if a higher quality ARM would be better to unleash the full potential of hig level cartridges.

Do you have the dual pivot option on the arm? I have a JMW 10 (no dual pivot), and have never liked the sloppy feeling of the arm; the dual pivot supposedly makes it feel more stable.

Back