Quantcast

Updating ones member listing pics ??

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
went to update my member site pictures and couldn't replace the one I deleted with a updated one (same file size). I'm sure it's something that this computer illiterate didn't do correctly !! ??

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Tom, yes I did that but came back saying "to big, max 19.5kb". The one I am replacing was bigger than that ??

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Staff member
Reaction score
Change the resolution of the image to something smaller... jpg attachment size max is 20000 bytes.

email me your image if you need me to help you make it under the limit.

Tom.

lugano

Reaction score
+46° 1' 26.41", +8° 57' 5.40" (Switzerland)
a small tip

Twich, if you have Photoshop, don't save your images as .jpg directly; use Photoshop's "Save for Web..." command from the file menu. You'll get a big dialog box showing the image before and after. In this dialog, bottom center, you can see how many kb will your saved image be, and on the right side, at 1/4 from the top, you can manually enter a "quality" factor, ranging from 0 to 100. Alter this factor until you see that the result will be less than 20 kb, then click on save.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have PhotoShop, just recently installed Corel's - Paint Shop Pro-X. Remember beyond my everyday mental challenges, my computer skills are poor at best !!!!!!!

Latest posts