Undiscovered Gems

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiTT

Super User
Reaction score
I know that this has happened to a few of us. Have you ever discovered or re-discovered some music that you've had all along, but just neglected for one reason or another.

A week or so ago I heard Radiohead's "Creep" on the radio, so when I got home that afternoon I put on "Pablo Honey" to listen to it on a proper system rather than the car stereo. I have to admit that I picked up the CD for that song alone about 10 years ago and hadn't really listened to the whole thing. What a great album! I don't particularly care for the first song, but every single other song on this disc holds some sort of pleasure for me, and it's interesting to listen to that CD and see how Radiohead evolved into the band that they are today.

Then yesterday I was washing the car and I was looking for something I hadn't listened to in quite awhile on the iPod. Ended up choosing Neil Young's "After the Gold Rush". Again, I probably haven't listened to that album for a good 6-7 years. Last night I turned the lights down and pulled it out on vinyl for a good listen on the system with a nice single batch burbon. Heaven! A true classic that transported me to another time in my life - driving around in my first car with that album on the 8 track player.

What undiscovered gems have you mined lately?

Last edited:
Another

Just thought of another one that I'll listen to tonight - Supertramp's "Crime of the Century." I have it on a MoFi UHQR.

Come to think of it, all Supertramp sounds good on the Logans.

Back