Turn Tables ~ Around and Around We Go, Where We Stop Everyone Knows - At The Music...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gyro SE Wow!

:) Gyro has some awesome TT's... ;)

Attachments

• michellGyroSE_Le.jpg
    michellGyroSE_Le.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 423
Furutec DeMag TT...

:eek: Sorry I did it again... Please disregard the above photo... It's a friend of a friend..., anyway, without further adoo here's the Furutec DeMag TT... :D

Attachments

• Furutech_deMag.jpg
    Furutech_deMag.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 414
Robin said:
Rik,

Excellent TT... :D I'll bet you have a wonderful record collection as well... ;)
I have about 6000 Lps vs 2000 cds/sacds. I still prefer the analog format and the 12.5 arm helps tracking throughout the record

Last edited:
MiTT said:
Rik; me too! No ring clamp on mine though...
I started off with an extended Aries with the 12.5 arm. I had the same platter as you. I changed to the acrylic platter because I wanted the ring clamp and also changed to the lower rpm motor with the bigger pully. With that plus the use of the ring clamp, I couldn't use the plastic motor cover which I didn't like anyway. Does it sound better with the acrylic platter? Absolutely not!!! If I had to do it again, I would have left it alone. The only reason they changed to that newer platter was because it costs VPI less money for those, not because it's better. It's sounds a liitle more lively, but the bass was deeper, more solid and more focused before. If you are thinking about spending money for a change, leave it alone. You will also find that "panel magic" sold at home depot will make your platter look like new if it dries out and gets spotty.

ELP Laser Turntable

Around the 1985 timeframe, a co-worker of mine had told me about Finial Technology being a local company which she has made a small investment in. At the time, Finial had a revolutionary idea of the Laser Turntable in the midst of the CeeDee (digital) revolution. It's now 20+ years later and I'm glad that the Laser Turntable is still alive and doing well :)

Spike

Attachments

• ELP Laser Turntable.jpg
    ELP Laser Turntable.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 508
Spike said:
Around the 1985 timeframe, a co-worker of mine had told me about Finial Technology being a local company which she has made a small investment in. At the time, Finial had a revolutionary idea of the Laser Turntable in the midst of the CeeDee (digital) revolution. It's now 20+ years later and I'm glad that the Laser Turntable is still alive and doing well :)

Spike
This unit has been a bit of a marketing disaster. First, it received some negative reviews because the records must be 100% clean with a vacuum record cleaning machine and their were serious questions regarding the price/performance ratio. Also, the distributors changed and there are still repair issues (it has to go back to Japan). The product was really trashed by the absolute sound and they never discuss it.

Transrotors Are Soooo Unusual...

lugano said:
... The Transrotors ! (visit www.transrotor.de for more pix)
lugano,

Transrotors almost don't even look like phonographs... :eek: Transrotors could be just a half dozen pieces of shinny metal put next to each other... They look so cool. :)

VPI belt

MiTT said:
Rik; me too! No ring clamp on mine though...
Mitt,
You might try one of the new black belts from VPI. It doesn't require talc on it and it won't squeal when you are starting the the platter like yours does when it gets dry. :D

Rik_Rankin said:
Mitt,
You might try one of the new black belts from VPI. It doesn't require talc on it and it won't squeal when you are starting the the platter like yours does when it gets dry. :D
Rik, it is about time I look into a new belt, I've had the same one for about 6 years now. I will check out one of the black ones you recommend.

I never have had any of the squeal you mentioned, but it is always pretty dry here in Colorado :D

uid1117_606aff338f6fa4fd68572bb61828647a.jpg

My own turntable. I think the Michell models are still one of the best looking tables around. I really like the industrial look, I don't like the 'wood' look of some tables at all. Also, I don't like the acrylic extravaganza of Clearaudio.

This one is also really, really good (oop now):

referett.jpg

Goldmund Reference

Back