Tube rolling - first time.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Changed out the stock Schiit pre-amp tubes on my Valhalla 2 with these JJ E88CC gold pins that I got from Tube Depot. Not sure if I hear any differences yet.. Will spend more time with them..
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 9.31.03 AM.png

Hola Gordon,

Try the Philips E88CC or the 6DJ8 made by Philips Sylvania USA. These tubes are the same as the 6922 too. Other opcion is Genalex Gold Lion gold pins. Very quiet and great dynamics.
Happy listening!

Hola Tom,
I don't know why I did write Gordon...big mitake, please excuse me.

Regarding the 6n6P is a fantastic tube. It is mostly use in the driver stages, and sometimes in the output stage...for little power. There are some substitutes, but I do believe that the 6n6p is a great tube. You can find them tube depot and the tube store.

If you want to do some tube rolling, the Philips brand made in Holland is one of the best sounding tubes, and also there are very expensive E88CC on german brands. But the truth, the Genalex Gold Lion, and the Sylvania USA 6DJ8 are my favourites.

Happy listening!

If you want to do some tube rolling, the Philips brand made in Holland is one of the best sounding tubes, and also there are very expensive E88CC on german brands. But the truth, the Genalex Gold Lion, and the Sylvania USA 6DJ8 are my favourites.

I'm using JAN-Philips E88CC / 6922 in my preamp and I find them great!

Attachments

• 20200906_123135.jpg
    20200906_123135.jpg
    725.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back