Quantcast

tube amp dust

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

khenegar1

Reaction score
what is a good thing to use for dusting around the tubes on a tube amp after it’s cool down? don’t want to stick my hands around the tubes accidentally
knocking one of them out of its socket. thanks

RAH

Reaction score
what is a good thing to use for dusting around the tubes on a tube amp after it’s cool down? don’t want to stick my hands around the tubes accidentally
knocking one of them out of its socket. thanks
Any duster that is very soft, light weight and able to flex may be okay. Ostrich feather duster should be ideal.

JLasher22443

Reaction score
I've always used the Swiffer as well. Question; has anyone used a dust collector in a room to cut down on airborne dust? Something like the Molekule or say the Dyson or BlueAir?

Robert D

Reaction score
I use an electrostatic air cleaner on my main air duct for the whole house and 2 more for 2 of our bedrooms. They pick up an incredible amount of dust. 3 or 4 times a year i take them out in the driveway and spray them down with a hose and simple green.

kach22i

Reaction score
I've used an Electrostatic Duster before, those furry/fluffy looking ones. Mine was pink, just broke it because the plastic wand got old.

Looks like new ones are blue.

If the dust is old and embedded, then yes fingers and Swiffer like paper cloth will work.

However in my opinion, they leave an oily residue that attracts even more dust. Plus, I do not want those oils/chemicals on my glass tubes.

These camera folk seemed to have latched on to similar observations.

EDIT:
I need to clarify that my wife has been buying a cheaper knock off for years, trust your fingers. Do you feel chemicals and oil?

Last edited:

ttocs

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using a Dyson air purifying fan for the last year and a half. It works well, however, it's not an overnight transformation. It took weeks to have a lasting effect of lower amount of dust to the point of noticing less dust.

I bought the fan mainly because I wanted a fan. The filtering aspect was just a bonus, but after seeing the results, it's a must have.

Even with occasional projects in the house, like bath renovation etc, the filter will last quite a while. It's getting close to needing a replacement, so by that time it would be about 9 months per filter, but again, that's with dusty periods several times since getting the Dyson.

Latest posts