TROUBLE WITH LINING UP HOLES ON PRODIGY PANEL REPLACEMENTS

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLK

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to go about lining up the holes on Prodigy replacement panels? I don't know whether to drill the holes larger and do not want to attempt without direction from our members.

THANKS VERY MUCH!!

I had problems with mine too! I ended up carefully lining up most of them, but on a few I had to drill new pilot holes in the wood frame for the screws. The holes on the new panel frames did not line up exactly.

Be sure to install the stat stop clips for each speaker on the last screw too. If you don't have them, have MO send you some in the mail.

I had problems with mine too! I ended up carefully lining up most of them, but on a few I had to drill new pilot holes in the wood frame for the screws. The holes on the new panel frames did not line up exactly.

Be sure to install the stat stop clips for each speaker on the last screw too. If you don't have them, have MO send you some in the mail.
Would taking the top brace off make the sides more flexible to line the holes up better?

Would taking the top brace off make the sides more flexible to line the holes up better?
When you said you drilled new pilot holes, were they completely new holes or were the holes enlarged? I’ve already enlarged the holes but I am afraid that the holes are going to wind up being bigger than the screw head.

When you said you drilled new pilot holes, were they completely new holes or were the holes enlarged? I’ve already enlarged the holes but I am afraid that the holes are going to wind up being bigger than the screw head.
I was able to get most of the screws into the old original holes, sometimes putting the screws in at a bit of an angle. The holes I drilled were completely off from the original holes, so new holes. I think I only had to do it with 1 or 2 screws on each speaker . I didn't want the holes bigger because I was afraid the screws would strip the holes and just come right out.

I don't think I would take off that top brace.

Do you have those stat stops? If you don't, you'll have to take out the last screw on bottom and run it through the bracket. If you put in the panels without the stat stop brackets, the panel will slide down and you'll have to take out every screw again to slide them back up. I went through that once.

Back