Trade brand new pair of Vantages for dental services

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

imsteve

Any skilled dentists in Southern California that would be interested in trading $5000 in cosmetic dental work for a brand new pair of Vantage electrostats? (You provide the dental work, I give you the speakers.)

Please email me at [email protected] if interested. Thanks!

imsteve said:
Any skilled dentists in Southern California that would be interested in trading $5000 in cosmetic dental work for a brand new pair of Vantage electrostats? (You provide the dental work, I give you the speakers.)

That's really sad that you would have to give up your speakers for dental work. I have a friend who had work done over the border in Mexico for a fraction of the US cost and they did a beautiful job on her teeth.

Rik_Rankin said:
That's really sad that you would have to give up your speakers for dental work. I have a friend who had work done over the border in Mexico for a fraction of the US cost and they did a beautiful job on her teeth.

Hi Rik,

That's nice of you to express your sympathy and offer the suggestion of some south of the border dentistry.

Happily, I also own a pair of Summits and would probably rather lose my front teeth than part with my front speakers :)

I planned on using Vantages as rears, but that's turned out to be impractical. Hopefully it'll end up working out well for me and a dentist with very fine taste in speakers.

man , Iv traded a lot of stuff but never for dental work ! :eek: that is just wierd !

Oddly enough, it seems like "barter" is alive and well. I have a friend who barters his computer skills for barber/beautician services for his family, and a brother in law who barters his chiropractic skills for various items and services. Of course I'm sure they must both report this activity to the tax man. ;)

I wonder if anyone offers a crash course in dentistry? Say... a weekend course or something... :rolleyes:

edwinr said:
I wonder if anyone offers a crash course in dentistry? Say... a weekend course or something... :rolleyes:
Screening the Dustin Hoffman movie "Marathon Man" should suffice. :D

imsteve said:

Teeth are overrated,hang on to the Vantages!!!! :rolleyes:

Actually imsteve is probably going to pay WAY too much if he trades his Vantages for dental work. I reckon the Vantages are so good that just offering the dentist a listen should be sufficient payment!

Munster said:
What's worse than having your doctor tell you that you have VD? Having

your dentist tell you.
That reminds me of a joke that I'll have to post over in the off topic forum....

edwinr said:

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how long he'd be willing to wait. :D

Latest posts

Back