Too much bass/room resonance issues?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andre said:
I had boomy bass when using Vampire speaker cable (single run), and when I changed to Audioquest heavy gauge bi-wire, bass and everything else improved!
Also try reversing the + and - on the bass terminals to make sure that it is not out of phase......
Lastly, check electrical polarity of spkrs and equipments and that you have a good grounding (no ac leaks on ground terminals)

I have been running Audioquest for a number of years and out of curiosity tried PS Audio’s extreme cables. I found PS Audio increased my bass over Audioquest immensely, add gave me a very large open sound stage, but took away that pinpoint 3D image sound Audioquest is known for and made the sound flat and kind of smeared. I have changed back to AudioQuest and could not be happier, the Bass is not boomy or over imposing or exaggerated, but very tight and controlled, overall I find Audioquest very natural unlike some other cable makers out there.

Back