Today - pulled trigger on Vantage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctbarker32

Reaction score
Just returned from my local high-end sound emporium, SoundWorks, here in Kensington, MD. I've been buying products here for years and have a good relationship. If you are in the area, stop by and ask for Scott Bella. He's super easy going and knowledgeable and will take care of you.

I spent a lovely hour and half auditioning the ML Vantage with quality components (Rogue preamp and amp, Arcam CD33). I pretty much knew I was going to buy these even before this final audition but I wanted to do one more due diligence. As an owner of the 9 year old Aerius i and Cinema speakers, I am firmly in the ML camp. I listened carefully to discs I know and love. One of my favorite labels is the jazz based ECM records. On appropriate electronics and speakers the sense of space and you are there is just stunning.

The Vantages are not in stock so I will have to wait a week or two but at least they will be factory fresh and ready to perform.

I believe that the Vantage/Summit line is the best permutation of ML yet. I look forward to many happy hours with these beauties.

-CB

Now these are the stories I love to hear!

Congrats on the new purchase. As a fellow Vantage owner, I couldn't be happier and I'm sure you'll have another nine great years with these MLs!!!

Congrats on your Vantage purchase. What did you do with your Aerius i's?

i_dream_of_shaki said:
Congrats on your Vantage purchase. What did you do with your Aerius i's?

Well, since I haven't got my Vantage's yet, I'm still listening to them!

Going forward, when I have installed the new speakers I would like to sell them to an enthusiastic buyer. I don't want to ship them although I do have the boxes. I was thinking of posting something here. Maybe there is someone in the Metro DC-Baltimore-Richmond area (I'm in Kensington, MD) that would want to travel to my place to purchase them? I would let them go pretty cheap.

-CB

Back