Tilting forward the Renaissance ESL 15A

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi:
I purchased the Stillpoints used from a friend, and ordered the adaptors from a local dealer. The speakers are no longer tilted forward.
9BC48052-7099-49BB-BD7F-9A598EC595FB.jpeg

Bill.

I have 11 A's and have them almost vertical now. It's a journey tuning the position to what suits you best.
Question- are you using the EAR V20 to power your speakers? Those panels are huge. Wonder if you have tried a high power tube amp? I have been using a 75 watt and just got my VTL 250 (225 triode) back in the system. Night and Day.
That amp is highly regarded, albeit with more sensitive speakers. You have monsters!
Amazing view!!

The 15A’s two 12” dynamic woofer drivers, each powered by a 500W class-D amplifier, produce a solid low end. The EAR V20 excels at imaging, and is capable of driving the panels to produce a full sound that fills up the room, e.g., music from a large orchestra. I recently purchased the Inakustik AC-3500P power filter. It raised the system to a new level. Later this year a friend will bring over a Ypsilon Phaethon integrated amp to try, but I’m so happy with the V20 I can’t imagine making a change.

Agree the powered woofers relieve the amp to a degree but the issue is the nature of the ESL panel. Big power makes them even more revealing and engaging (hard to believe-since they sound so good now). The Ypsilon( is it really 25K??) at least will show you what more power can do but I sense that you are a tube fan.
If you can audition big tube power, especially triodes, in your system you may be surprised.
Enjoy and let us know what you think after the Ypsilon is in your system.

The 15A’s two 12” dynamic woofer drivers, each powered by a 500W class-D amplifier, produce a solid low end. The EAR V20 excels at imaging, and is capable of driving the panels to produce a full sound that fills up the room, e.g., music from a large orchestra. I recently purchased the Inakustik AC-3500P power filter. It raised the system to a new level. Later this year a friend will bring over a Ypsilon Phaethon integrated amp to try, but I’m so happy with the V20 I can’t imagine making a change.
I heard great feedback re Inakustik AC-3500P and contemplate on buying this filter, feel more confident to hear good feedback from another user.

Back