Theos & Disappointing Bass Response

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a humble Bel Canto S300 Dual Mono power amp matched with my Rotel preamp. I know I could do better if I had the cash, but for the price this combo really rocks.
Yes, a good quality amp will ensure awesome quality bass from Theos. My Theos are backed up by a 30-watt Pass Labs class A amp - could not ask for anything more. I also have a Balanced Force 210 sub to augment 20 to 50 HZ.

Yes, a good quality amp will ensure awesome quality bass from Theos. My Theos are backed up by a 30-watt Pass Labs class A amp - could not ask for anything more. I also have a Balanced Force 210 sub to augment 20 to 50 HZ.
The Bel Canto is surprisingly great. I'm a Class-D convert! If anything, now I have a "lumpy bass" problem caused by the room itself, so would probably be sensible to deal with that before I invest in a sub.

Well, investing in a sub can be part of the solution to your room issue - it was for me. The optimal placement of the panels is most likely not the optimum placement in order to achieve an even in-room bass response. That's where a good (sadly not cheap!) sub can help. As many others here, I can highly recommend REL, although I am sure ML is equally capable.

Back