Theater I Power Supply

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marck

Reaction score
I have just taken delivery of a nice new Theater I center speaker (replaces my Cinema). I will be taking some photos and updating my profile (system number 19)

However, I noticed that the power cable required is a figure of eight and not a standard IEC. Since I have upgraded all my cables (Transparent Super MM) I want to use the better lead. I have found a company that produces an adaptor which changes the plug from IEC to figure eight and have just ordered it. But will this be detrimental to the cable? I have copied the link below to the adaptor:

Adaptor

Cheers
Marc.

I think it would be detrimental, but using a standard lead might be even more detrimental. Try and find out!

I think however that with the new PS, the cable will be less important than in the past with the IEC models.

i don't see how it will be detrimental to the supply of power. the connector is simply making another connection between the power supply and the power cord. of course, you will degrade performance with many, many connections down the line, but having 2 as opposed to 1, i would think, should have no impact. a change of power cord on the other hand should yield a much more noticeable impact on the sound although i haven't listened to the new logans that have that kind of power supply. i think emailing jim powers of ml will give you the best advice.

Thanks for replies - I am going to experiment over the next few days. I think I will drop Jim an email too
Marc.

Email address

Sorry, does anyone have the email address for Jim Powers?
Thanks
marc

Jeff, thanks for that.

I have now spoken with ML and basically they state there should no audible difference - the amount of power the speaker draws is very low anyway. So I will continue to use the Transparent cable with the adaptor.

When time permits I will compare this with using the standard lead to see if there are any advantages.
Thanks
Marc.

Latest posts

Back