The Summits are up and playing....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Geez.... what a sound!! I love it!! They are definitely an improvement over the Vantages in my opinion... soooo balanced! I love how I can turn it up louder than before (with the Vantages) and they remain coherent and completely balanced from top to bottom even at higher volumes. Also, I noticed that the vocals sound slightly different, not sure if it's due to the 270hz crossover.... I'll look into this some more. But.... they are super sweet!!! My roommate likes them a lot.... like a lot a lot! ;)

I cant talk much right now... going to listen some more before bedtime!

I'll post pics and go more in depth tomorrow.... for now, tata my fellow Loganites!

:D

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats........These speakers really sing and play quite loudly without any hint of compression or stress. It is funny that when I go back to look at them at Tweeter they seem downright small. At home they look much bigger.

I would love to hear a direct comparison with Prodigies just to see if ML really is able to shrink the form factor yet equal if not exceed the very fine Prodigies.

I know that I have become completely addicted to my 2 channel system again and spend every available minute listening. I hope you find yourself just as happy, excited and ultimately satisfied.......Steve

congratulations Joey...

Joey_V said:
Geez.... what a sound!! I love it!! They are definitely an improvement over the Vantages in my opinion... soooo balanced! I love how I can turn it up louder than before (with the Vantages) and they remain coherent and completely balanced from top to bottom even at higher volumes. Also, I noticed that the vocals sound slightly different, not sure if it's due to the 270hz crossover.... I'll look into this some more. But.... they are super sweet!!! My roommate likes them a lot.... like a lot a lot! ;)

I'll post pics and go more in depth tomorrow.... for now, tata my fellow Loganites!

Hola Joey...when I first audition the Summits at the CES in Vegas last year, I knew to my ears, that they are one of the best, if not the best, products from ML. Total different product with an outstanding dymamics like a cone speaker and the transparency of the electrostatic panel...two bass controls, so we can adjust any room for the standing waves and get the best response as natural as a double bass will sound in that particular room. On the other hand, the 92dB of sensitivy of the panel, allow us the benefit to have the ability to use small power amplifiers. We all know that the small ones are more musical than most of the big ones...and this is like a chef recipe...if the recipe is too big, will not taste as the small one...so we really can use low power amps with these babes...the voices are very natural and robust...I have read some complaints from other Summits users, and I truly think that their complaints are due to room resonance with the other speakers...the Summits are less affected in this respect than others...why? The stat panel is complete free, truly dipolar like the CLSs, and the scenario...wow, what scenario. Now you know why I am so exited with this model...I wish you a very happy listening...
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Joey_V said:

Are you selling these Summits and buying a pair of Statements before the last pairs disappear?

amey01 said:
Are you selling these Summits and buying a pair of Statements before the last pairs disappear?

Oh god... I hope not... lol.... ;)

patlad said:
Joey,

don't forget to change your signature ;-) lol

How did I forget?!?! ;)

Anyway, guys.... no updates tonight.... cant stop listening to music and rediscovering my tracks again! I will try to post pics and a more detailed review tomorrow, but no promises as these Summits are wild and crazy in my little bedroom.

I will say this, they are definitely an improvement over the Vantages... cant wait until I get a better amp... next year... :( . Stupid budget constraints...

'Till tomorrow! :D

Last edited:
Joey,

Do you feel the Summits are that much better than the Vantages?

Thanks

Summit's for Joey...

Joey,

Congradulation on your wonderful new Summit's... :D

Can't wait to see your photos.

Enjoy! Your ears are now in Summit heaven... :D :D

We want Photo's, We want Photo's...

Joey_V said:
How did I forget?!?!

Anyway, guys.... no updates tonight.... cant stop listening to music and rediscovering my tracks again! I will try to post pics and a more detailed review tomorrow, but no promises as these Summits are wild and crazy in my little bedroom.

I will say this, they are definitely an improvement over the Vantages... cant wait until I get a better amp... next year... . Stupid budget constraints...

'Till tomorrow! :D
Joey,

How are you? How do your Summit's sound in your totally awesome newly improved sound system? :D Are you moving? Are you under something heavy?
I don't want to nag, but if your not too busy and if you have a chance, photo's would of your new Summit's would be greatly appricated... :)

Signed - Your very puzzled friend from Calistoga,

I'll try to get something up soon Robin.... schools been a little killer lately.

Always studying till midnight everyday.... I just go on this site on my little 15 minute breaks to post and catch up with you crazy people! ;)

I just go on this site on my little 15 minute breaks to post and catch up with you crazy people!
As if you're the sane one in the bunch.

True we are crazy but...

Joey_V said:
I'll try to get something up soon Robin.... schools been a little killer lately.

Always studying till midnight everyday.... I just go on this site on my little 15 minute breaks to post and catch up with you crazy people! ;)
Joey,

We all want you to do well in Med. school, so keep studying. School comes first... I'm starting to talk to you like I was you Mom or Dad. Oh well, I am used to telling my sons the same thing. Anyway, we can wait for the photo's, their's no rush. Take all the time you need Joey. We will always be here for you Dude. Plus, if we really wanted to we could just sneek a guy into your room and take some photo's of your new Summit's, while you were asleep... :D But never fear we will behave our selves and wait patiently... :p

Back