The Summit, The Clarity, and Breakin' Things!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattables

Reaction score
The more I see the Summits, the more I like them, but they still leave me confused. From what I have read, everyone loved the look of the Clarity. So why not stick with that design? The Summit is cool, but I find the Clarity to be very classy. Does anyone know if they plan to model any of the lesser MLs after the Clarity? Also, in a recent post, someone made reference to the “known flaws” with the Clarity. What are they? I am a Clarity owner, but they are also my only experience with ML. Am I missing something? On a totally different subject, I was watching MythBusters tonight and the guys broke a crystal wine glass with sound. Has anyone with one of these huge systems I seen on this site tried this? Anyone claim to have blown out any windows; on like the ‘Italian Job’ blown the clothes off of their favorite female? If so, this might be the inspiration I need to upgrade my system!!!

Matt

mattables said:
The more I see the Summits, the more I like them, but they still leave me confused. From what I have read, everyone loved the look of the Clarity. So why not stick with that design? The Summit is cool, but I find the Clarity to be very classy. Does anyone know if they plan to model any of the lesser MLs after the Clarity? Also, in a recent post, someone made reference to the “known flaws” with the Clarity. What are they? I am a Clarity owner, but they are also my only experience with ML. Am I missing something? On a totally different subject, I was watching MythBusters tonight and the guys broke a crystal wine glass with sound. Has anyone with one of these huge systems I seen on this site tried this? Anyone claim to have blown out any windows; on like the ‘Italian Job’ blown the clothes off of their favorite female? If so, this might be the inspiration I need to upgrade my system!!!

Matt

Hello Matt,

When you say lesser speakers, Which one's are you referring to? Under the summit or under the clarity?

Martin Logan has replaced the Ascent with the new speaker Vantage. It is the size of the Aeon, styled after the Summit. You can see a picture of it under the press release section.

I too love the look of the clarity, it just has a super sexy, classy look I find very appealing. What I don’t find appealing is how easy it is to twist the panel. You can grab the top of the clarity’s panel and very easily twist it side to side with little effort, and that low voltage power supply, don’t get me started on that POS.

The Clarity is a grate speaker but not quite of reference quality. IMHO

"Also, in a recent post, someone made reference to the “known flaws” with the Clarity."

Do yourself a favor and don't go searching for an answer,if there even is one. If you are happy hold on to that. I almost didn't purchase my prodigies
because I kept reading how they were weak in the bass. What a mistake that would have been, because to my ears they are flawless.

Zip3kx07 said:
and that low voltage power supply, don’t get me started on that POS.

Do get started!! What are the advantages and disadvantages? What is the science behind the power supply, and your opinions? Does the Summit use the low voltage power supply? I am looking to upgrade, and this type of info helps. Thanks,

Matt

Munster said:
"Also, in a recent post, someone made reference to the “known flaws” with the Clarity."

Do yourself a favor and don't go searching for an answer,if there even is one. If you are happy hold on to that. I almost didn't purchase my prodigies
because I kept reading how they were weak in the bass. What a mistake that would have been, because to my ears they are flawless.

Don't worry, I love the Clarity, and I am very happy with my decision to buy them. As with most of us here, I am a tech nerd, and I just like to know all of the facts and opinions. thanks,

Matt

Munster said:
I almost didn't purchase my prodigies

Weak bass? Wow, the prodigy's have more then enough bass for me with Kerll amps, and I am a bass nut.

Latest posts

Back