The Red Button on Odysseys

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Ok - I have had a pair of Odysseys for a year now... and the other day I stuck my head between the stat & woofer assembly (that is legal in Michigan)... and see this little red button below the ML logo. I assume it is to dim or shut off the logo... but I don't want to press it in fear of launching some missiles out of a silo in Kansas. Can anyone verify it is nowhere in the documentation. BTW, vacuumed my Odysseys for the first time - (I didn't see any dust...but what the heck) and replaced a crappy plug my amp & stat were plugged into. More solid sound now. I'm not sure if it is the vacuum or the replaced plug. Maybe I'm crazy. Thx. Tim.

I have absolutely nothing to add because I dont own Oddyseys, but I just wanted to say WELCOME to the club!

And that you seem to be the alterego (moniker) of Mitt.

LOL! :D

Anyway, back to being on topic...

Joey

WHATEVER YOU DO...DON'T PUSH THAT RED BUTTON!!! If you do the red light goes off and will stay off forever. Unless of course you push the red button again. In that case it will turn back on again. And that's about all it does unless you modify it to inject nitrous oxide into your panels at just the right moment for super dynamics.

Tim, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO START THE THIRD WORLD WAR !!!

Just kidding of course and welcome to the club.
/Transpa.

Hi Tim,

I just got a set of Oddessey's myself a couple of weeks ago. The button is the on - off swith for the M insignia behind the stator. It lights up when turned on. It really doesn't show up in daylight , but if your room is slightly dimmed or night listening you will be able to see the lit up emblem , no problem.

Hope you are enjoying your speakers, I really like mine, huge step up from the Aeriius i's I had before.

timm,

I thought that red light was the adjustment for the WAF issues.:eek:

Hmmmmm, maybe that is why I am single, Makes you think doesn't it. :D

Just enjoy the music and avoid the obsession with trivialities.

Jeff:musicnote:

very very good.... Ha,haha....:D I am glad everyone has a sense of humor. Hmmmm... wonder what is UNDER the speaker!!! thanks for the responses...I figured that it was the logo... but, you know... you press it - and all of a sudden ....the stat falls off!!:cheers:

Hi Tim,

I just got a set of Oddessey's myself a couple of weeks ago. The button is the on - off swith for the M insignia behind the stator. It lights up when turned on. It really doesn't show up in daylight , but if your room is slightly dimmed or night listening you will be able to see the lit up emblem , no problem.

Hope you are enjoying your speakers, I really like mine, huge step up from the Aeriius i's I had before.

Yes - I love them... Everytime I think I could find something better - I go down and listen to them.... and say....NAHHHHH!!!!

The red button on Odessey

A guy is in a bar and after a few too many drinks starts to complain to everyone about a golden screw where his belly button should be. This goes on for almost an hour and the patrons are starting to get annoyed. So the manager asks one of the long time regulars to go next door to the jeweler and borrow his golden screw driver. Minutes later the old timer arrives back in the bar and hands the manager the golden screw driver. The manager tells the now very drunken and complaining customer to strip down to his underwear and he'll fix his problem. Reluctantly the drunk strips and the manager proceeds to take out the golden screw. When he finishes, the drunks dick falls off!

ML Members, the moral of the story is:

Last edited:
timm: welcome , (at least that's what joey wrote), but have you been here since April 2005? What does your system look like? P.S I support Google...

Attachments

• Google.jpg
    Google.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 103
timm: welcome , (at least that's what joey wrote), but have you been here since April 2005? What does your system look like? P.S I support Google...

I don't think Google is doing the "supporting", more like the help from Dow chemical !!

Not as good as that -- I must say.... ahem... anyway.... Yes I have been here awhile - haven't been doing much posting... I have no pics of my setup ... but here it is for better or worse:

Stereo/music:
Sunfire Cinema Sig (used in a bi-amp config)
Sunfire TG III pre/processor
ML Odysseys
AudioQuest Bedrock I do believe (bi-wire - double terminated)
Denon 5900 DVD/CD

Home Theater stuff:
Sony XBR 60" LCD
Paradigm mini-monitors
Paradigm CC-100 (I think)
Paradigm ADP-70
Paradigm PDR-10 sub
Carver M500T amp (powers rears)
Carver M200T amp (powers sides - front axis)
All used in a 7.1 config w/the logans

Back