The Odyessy begins by trying to find out way there is no power

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tortola79

Reaction score
The Odyessy begins by trying to find out why there is no power

Hello all!

New to the forum and excuse me for not being to savvy with posting. I have found some other forum posts with similar issues but thought I was start my own variation.

I have two sets of speakers (Odyessy and Aeon i) I got for a great deal because while testing I realized the ESLs where very underpowered. Later after testing found that the sound from the ESLs are just getting sound from the amplifier and there is no difference in quality when plugged into the wall or disconnected. I have come to the conclusion that it must be the power supplys. They were probably damaged from a power surge. The Martin Logan embelum LED does glow. I have started taring down the Odyessy to look over the power supply. The red LED on the board does light. For the most part I can not see any major damage that I was expecting (from the first speaker). I do however see three diodes that are discolored with a yellow tint. I think that they are probably burnt out but I won't know until I remove them and test. I was looking to see if anyone knew the specs on the diodes? I know how to read resistors just fine but can not figure out what they are. It might be obvious when I take them out. They are located Z3, Z4 and Z5. I am a computer tech that is trying my hand at repairing these speakers without having to order replacement parts unless I have to.

Thank you for any help!
John

Attachments

• IMG_20180813_124319.jpg
    IMG_20180813_124319.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Hi John, first, :welcome: to the ML Owners forum !

We do have a sub-forum with some (not all) of the schematics for various models, including the Odyssey, here: http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?77-ML-Schematics

That should help in figuring out values and circuit layout.

That said, it does sound like the stator energizer power is not working. Those zeners do not look healthy, so probably burnt from a surge.

If you get stuck, the factory service help line has been reported as helpful.

Cheers,

Back