The new C8 Corvette, I'm in love, again ...........

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a fellow car-guy, I was very excited to see the reveal and the details of the new Vette. After seeing mid-engine prototypes for decades (Favorite was the 1977 AeroVette) it is great to finally see a production mid-engine Vette.

I like the design and the engineering. And frankly amazed at the cost of the entry-level car, that one is a tour-de-force only a really big company like GM can pull off.

As huuuuge fan of the Acura NSX (my personal dream car), I was happy to hear the C8 was designed for hybrid AWD layout as well. I figure that model (as a 2021 model most likley) will cross the $100K mark and be around $115 to $125 (or undercut the NSX by a good $30 to $50K).

But even the C8 Z51 as announced is an incredibly high-performance car for the money. I will be renting one as soon as it is available in the stable of outfits like Extreme Experience

The technical specs on it are pretty amazing for a $60K base model car. Sub 3 sec 0-60, mid-engine, aluminum frame, dual clutch, steering wheel paddle shifters, etc.. and their listed just barely under 500 Hp engine seems suspicious and may be a conservative or for insurance purposes number.

I've been following this for about a year.... Based on all the issues I've ready about with the development of this car, i would not buy one in the first year of production... That said, it's beautiful and really conveys "proper supercar" to go up against Ferrari, etc. Good for GM!!

I've owned 6 Vettes dating back to my first ('66 vert, SB) I purchased over 42 years ago, the recently revealed 8th generation has my juices flowing !

https://www.motor1.com/news/361376/gm-explains-c8-corvette-price/

anyone else ??

So the last model - I disliked the rear end on it. This one looks better. I’d have to see it in person. Also - what do you think of the big row of buttons on the center console. Again would want to see it live. But mid engine?? Wow. What a bold move. Gotta believe that will completely change the handling for the better. :)

I really like the development of the C8. Once they become available, I'll be taking one for a drive to get a better understanding. But based on various reviews, I like it enough that it has already assumed a spot on my future car list.

You'll need to place your order for the 2021 models as the 2020's are sold out.

don't worry, there will be plenty 2020's available for those that are willing to pay !

Myself, I'd wait to 2021 or 22 regardless.......

don't worry, there will be plenty 2020's available for those that are willing to pay !

Myself, I'd wait to 2021 or 22 regardless.......

You waiting for the 1,000 HP Zora version, Dave?:devil:

My brother in law was at a car show this weekend. He got to see the new Corvette. He is a mechanic and said the engine is virtually impossible to access. His guess was either the body comes off or drop the engine out the bottom.
How ever it is done, sounds painful on the wallet.
He still liked it though. Just not in his driveway. :)

My brother in law was at a car show this weekend. He got to see the new Corvette. He is a mechanic and said the engine is virtually impossible to access. His guess was either the body comes off or drop the engine out the bottom.
How ever it is done, sounds painful on the wallet.
He still liked it though. Just not in his driveway. :)
Its become more of an exotic with that mid engine. If they would offer AWD on it I would consider buying one. Its great looking and still a great buy compared to its competitors.

I own a 911 turbo and have had the engine/ drive train dropped 2x now. It is very tight in that rear engine compartment.

Hopefully they can access the Corvette's engine for most things without dropping it. Buyers of a car at that price point probably aren't prepared for a $6,000 repair bill

The C7 looks much better than the C8 in my opinion.

Also my opinion, a mid-engine Corvette is just as wrong as an all electric crossover vehicle called Mustang.

The C7 looks much better than the C8 in my opinion.

Also my opinion, a mid-engine Corvette is just as wrong as an all electric crossover vehicle called Mustang.
Whether we like it or not, eventually all cars will be entirely electric. The gas engine will be little more than a fossil. I dread the day. Hopefully I won't be around anymore. I dont think gas engine car owners will be able to fuel their cars at gas stations. The stations in the future probably won't even have petrol. Not sure how we will be able to drive them. A bit like how they stopped making leaded gas.

Whether we like it or not, eventually all cars will be entirely electric. The gas engine will be little more than a fossil. I dread the day. Hopefully I won't be around anymore. I dont think gas engine car owners will be able to fuel their cars at gas stations. The stations in the future probably won't even have petrol. Not sure how we will be able to drive them. A bit like how they stopped making leaded gas.

I hear ya Robert, but that's years off. Energy wise I doubt the grid could handle it now anyways not to mention the mileage range on a charge has got to come up to 400 IMO and I suspect that's just around the corner !

Regardless, while an all electric may out accelerate my '67 BB it will never sound as good !
'67 Vette side profile.jpg

Last edited:
I hear ya Robert, but that's years off. Energy wise I doubt the grid could handle it now anyways not to mention the mileage range on a charge has got to come up to 400 IMO and I suspect that's just around the corner !

Regardless, while an all electric my out accelerate my '67 BB it will never sound as good !View attachment 21178
Its funny, the new electric cars have speakers in them to simulate engine sounds! I asked at the Porsche dealer and the sales lady said that the new Porsche Taycan does indeed have that. 0 to 60 in 3.0 sec! For a big heavy sedan thats amazing. That is about the same speed that my 911 turbo has and its only 3400 lbs or so. How much does your corvette above weigh? I bet that is light.
Porsche Taycan Turbo - Porsche USA

I think the range on a charge with that is around 400 miles! I would buy one if they werent so damn expensive. Use that for my everyday car and keep the 911 turbo for fun.

Regardless, while an all electric my out accelerate my '67 BB it will never sound as good !View attachment 21178
I'll take the looks of the 67 over 2020.

Back