The Mystery preamp.... revealed!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry...

Joey,

Sorry... For bringing you to tears Joey. You know you are our kid and we love you but you should tell us now. Please, Please..., we really don't want to hurt you son.... :eek:

Anyway, I finally figured it out last night, and after looking at the only clues you gave us, I am sure I now know...

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2856

You are having a "Emotive" pre-amp delivered this week. Probably the "Poeta", which you won on Audiogon for a sweet deal I'll bet. ;)

Attachments

• Emotive%20Poeta.jpg
    Emotive%20Poeta.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 187
Cut to the freakin' chase!

Look, if we could delay our gratification we wouldn't be involved in this hobby in the first place. SPILL THE BEANS OR ELSE!:devil:

It's here and all unpacked...

No impressions yet as I was swamped with work and hw today.... sadly :( .

I will tell you this... it is real cool looking.... and very shiny.

Hints:
1. It is a current Stereophile Class A component.
2. It is cool looking and shiny.

I will be back tomorrow post-work and I will post pics and a review after I listen to it, before I head to the suburbs for Thanksgiving and turkey!

Sorry to keep you waiting guys...

JOey :)

OK,

I have not been waitining to see you review, but after reading through 3 pages of posts, I am a little ****ed off to find no review at the end!j/k

I am looking forward to it as well, please pose soon,
Dominick

I Know It's November But I think We Need To Put Another Shrimp On the Barbie...

:) OK...., so does anyone have a large cooking spoon or a Joey-Baster, Lighter fluid or somemore charcoal? Also, should we marrinate Joey or not? I like my Joey ears tender and medium rare... :devil:

Last edited:
:) OK...., so does anyone have a large cooking spoon or a Joey-Baster, Lighter fluid or somemore charcoal? Also, should we marrinate Joey or not? I like my Joey ears tender and medium rare... :devil:

I don't have any of that stuff. But I've already given him the "stink eye" and that's got to burn....

Joey,

You're doing good so far. Keep it up a little longer. Don't tell'em!

Joey Please Come Here...

I need to tell you something... Come a little closer, now please don't bump your head on your computer screen... Please don't be afraid or shy. Just relax and look into my eyes... You are getting sleepy, very sleepy. That's it... Your eye lids are getting heavy very heavy... That's it now... You will do what ever I tell you, after I snap my fingers..., You will go to your computer and log on to your favorite web site, The ML Club... You will type up a wonderful review of your new tubed preamp acquisition for all your good friends at the ML Club... Remembering to state the name of your preamp somewhere in the review of course... When I count to three and snap my fingers you will wake-up and immediately to do as I have told you... One, Two, Three.... (snap my fingers and Joey awakes...)

Attachments

• My Eyes.jpg
    My Eyes.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 134
I will tell you this...

1. I didnt think I could do any better with the sound that I was getting off the Rogue tubepre and the Plinius in full Class A bias, but I was wrong.
2. So this is what world-class sound is like...
3. Well, I think I've taken care of almost all my concerns regarding the imaging and tightness of the vocal focus. If you guys remember, I questioned the Summit's ability to do pinpoint imaging at one point many months ago... at this point in time, I dont think that is an issue anymore.
4. I bow to Jeff Z... he was right, the preamp has always been my most overlooked component. No longer!

More tomorrow... I will sleep with my tubepre thoughts... and turkey thoughts...

Joey

Definitely Hovland. As expected. $4995, 7 letters, Stereophile class A. And... shiny.
PS
Although you got the initial mystery tube preamp correct , I am sorry to burst your bubble... but the Hovland HP100 didnt sound too good to my ears with the Plinius and Summits. So, it is NOT the Hovland that I have in my possession.

:)

Joey,

Thanks and I guess this old guy does know a thing or two.;)

Enjoy your new preamp. I really do not care which one either. For me, all that matters is, what ever piece you decide on, it represents and presents you with the "sound signature" you are seeking. My only guess is that is a tube preamp. Most of them have their own sound and this one is obviously the "one" for you.

Enjoy your new preamp.
Enjoy this day with family and friends. ML's are either family or friends it is your pick. :D:cheers:

Jeff:musicnote:

Back