The italian way of listening

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teraphoto

Reaction score
Hi to everyone, just joined and happy to share my system.

Here is a panoramic view of my set-up:
20220410.jpg

Another view with ML from the right side:
20211233.jpg

The power section:
20210546.jpg

The digital source:
20210547.jpg

and finally the analog source:

01210.jpg

Ciao
Paolo

Attachments

• 20211233.jpg
    20211233.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 0
Very clean looking setup! I like how you have the speakers pulled away from the wall so they're open to the rest of the room, that's gotta really help the sound.

Nice one Paolo!

I see you have the Rega Planar 8... if I'm correct?
I was also using a P8 and earlier this year got it upgraded to the RP10 on a few parts, upgraded dual belts, upgraded bearing assembly and power supply unit. The only things I didn't change were the ceramic platter and RB2000 tone arm. In which case that would have been a full RP10!

It's a marvellous TT, I just love it's simplicity and ease of use, and most of all it gets the music right! I'm listening to it right now!

Cheers, and enjoy those fine tunes!
RJ

*oh! I forgot to mention as I just noticed... what the heck are those kittens doing? Looks like they've found a good place to warm up! I've got two cats here and they drive me crazy... especially when they wonder around the system, look out!

Attachments

• 20210527_223239.jpg
    20210527_223239.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Welcome, unless my eyes deceive me I'm seeing two different pairs of speakers ?

regardless, for years our standard procedure is to also list our equipment in use along with the pics !

Thanks !

System looks puuurfectly wonderful! My kitties like to hang out when I am
Listening.

Do you worry about the cats blocking the ventilation? I ask because one of mine has recently discovered the tops of the Parasound JC-1 monoblocks, which put out quite a bit of heat. I guess it's OK because when the amps are in active use, she's usually on my lap. Yours too?

p.s. One of my long ago departed kitties was named Scarlatti, after the great Italian composer's "Cat's Fugue".

Do you worry about the cats blocking the ventilation? I ask because one of mine has recently discovered the tops of the Parasound JC-1 monoblocks, which put out quite a bit of heat. I guess it's OK because when the amps are in active use, she's usually on my lap. Yours too?

p.s. One of my long ago departed kitties was named Scarlatti, after the great Italian composer's "Cat's Fugue".
If the amps have grating in them to aid ventilation, will cat hair find its way inside? I've got hairless cats so we don't have to worry.

Our two fellas know that's it not allowed to go anywhere near the gear whiles it's on. In fact when they were both kittens, I showed them what tubes were... held them close up to the output tubes and when they sensed the heat, they turned away... so as they grew older they realised those glowing glass tubes are taboo... best to keep away!

The only thing they do mess with are the carpets placed in front, especially the one with the sub. The big ginger fella absolutely loves this carpet! However, when tunes are playing they stay well away. Good kitties!
Now the wifey wants to get a doggy... I said hell no! Had my fair share of dogs 16yrs ago (German Shepherd, Doberman, and two Golden retrievers) not an easy gig! Cats are way easier. Woof!
Cheers, RJ

Very clean looking setup! I like how you have the speakers pulled away from the wall so they're open to the rest of the room, that's gotta really help the sound.
I went through some testing for the position and moving away from the rear wall had positive influence on bass reproduction.
Recently I experimented a pair of DIY bass traps but my wife rejected them! ;-)
Regards
Paolo

Nice one Paolo!

I see you have the Rega Planar 8... if I'm correct?
I was also using a P8 and earlier this year got it upgraded to the RP10 on a few parts, upgraded dual belts, upgraded bearing assembly and power supply unit. The only things I didn't change were the ceramic platter and RB2000 tone arm. In which case that would have been a full RP10!

It's a marvellous TT, I just love it's simplicity and ease of use, and most of all it gets the music right! I'm listening to it right now!

Cheers, and enjoy those fine tunes!
RJ

*oh! I forgot to mention as I just noticed... what the heck are those kittens doing? Looks like they've found a good place to warm up! I've got two cats here and they drive me crazy... especially when they wonder around the system, look out!
Hi RJ, you're right it's a P8, the version with the lightweight plinth without the outer frame. It seems you made a great upgrade! I'd like to add to your comment is that it looks terribly nice!! P8 got "wife approval" too.
Ciao
Paolo

Welcome, unless my eyes deceive me I'm seeing two different pairs of speakers ?

regardless, for years our standard procedure is to also list our equipment in use along with the pics !

Thanks !

Hi twich, ML ESL replaced a pair of Linn AV5140 and some of the pictures were taken before I got them so maybe you see the old ones.
I'll add the list of equipments.
Regards
Paolo

I add the list of my appliamces:

CD Player
Audio Analogue Paganini 192/24 REV2.0; Turntable Rega P8 - with HANA SL - Rega Fono MC; Integrated AMPLIFIER AM Audio PA100; LS Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Signal Cables Van den Hul's The SOURCE HYBRID, AudioQuest Chicago, Ricable Primus; Rega; Speaker Cables: Ricable Custom Speaker H6S; Headphones AKG K501, Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm, e Sennheiser RS 175UTV Sony XR65A80J with AUNE X8 -Ricable DUO5 Ultimate

Regards
Paolo

Hi to everyone, just joined and happy to share my system.

Here is a panoramic view of my set-up:
View attachment 23334

Another view with ML from the right side:
View attachment 23335

The power section:
View attachment 23337
The digital source:
View attachment 23338

and finally the analog source:

View attachment 23339
Ciao
Paolo