The Grammys

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
What did you all think?

I recorded the entire show and just watched the musical performances.

Definitely worked for me. Quite good in that compressed format.

GG

I think it was one of the better Grammy's in recent memory for me. It's hell getting old and realizing I don't know who some of the performers are (mostly on the Rap and Country side of things), but the performances were quite good. My favorite was probably the Black Keys set, but I also enjoyed both the Bob Marley tribute as well as the Levon Helm one. Jack White was also pretty interesting. I never really appreciated Justin Timberlake before either, but was pretty impressed with his soulfully, big band set.

On the other hand, what the hell was that Frank Ocean "Forest Gump" thing?

Last edited:
I was so disappointed Steven Wilson didn't win for best surround album, his work is the best. I think Storm Corrosion (the nominated album) is just too complex a piece for the 'committee' to appreciate. For those willing to invest some effort, and who have a great SS system, it's magical. One the greatest in my book.

I liked it as well. Extremely surprised that I actually own the album of the year by mumford and sons. That's not supposed to happen! :). I also have to admit that I am a closet bruno mars fan.

Latest posts

Back