The First HD Camcorder...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it Sony that had to pull a state of the art camcorder sold only in Japan because the infrared feature allowed you to see through clothes under certain conditions?

Myth Busters TV show said it did not work, but a simple strong flash camera did (to some degree).

To answer your question Robin, HDTV is not yet the standard , so it's impact on the market will be marginal - my guess.

Robin,

I think this is the first HD camcorder to record in HD to a SD card.. but not the first HD camcorder

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...DICamcorders_HighDefinitionVideo&Dept=cameras

these have been out for a while - and there was an HD version that was out even before that

I almost bought one of these but -- with no kids yet, i dont feel the need to record anything. i recorded some of my flying in the desert, but on my friends camera -- so no need to buy one for myself. if i did have more $$$ i would just buy the sony for the heck of it

BG

kach22i said:
Was it Sony that had to pull a state of the art camcorder sold only in Japan because the infrared feature allowed you to see through clothes under certain conditions?

Myth Busters TV show said it did not work, but a simple strong flash camera did (to some degree).

To answer your question Robin, HDTV is not yet the standard , so it's impact on the market will be marginal - my guess.

Almost any CCD-based camera can do the Xray effect, except that the manufacturers put a filter in-line to cut most IR. Some enterprising people discovered that either Sony's filter wasn't deep/good enough, or plain wasn't there. By adding a different filter to block visible light, you were left with the IR which gives the effect of seeing through clothes because different, uh, "parts" have differerent relative temperatures. I've seen video ... (no, I don't own one). It's pretty remarkable to see how pronounced the effect is.

Even normal camcorders will pick up high IR. Point one of your remote controls at your camcorder lens and press a button and you will likely see what looks like a small flashlight burst in the LCD viewfinder.

SteveInNC said:
By adding a different filter to block visible light
I had done a Google search to find that video camera and kept ending up at the same site over and over again. It's a site selling a red lense to put on your camcorder. Pretty creapy, but I guess it's things like that which got the Internet where it is today. For better or worse.

Camera's that see through clothes...

kach22i said:

kach22i,

I don't know this photo of looks right through Teri Hatcher's dress at the Grammy Awards:

Attachments

• 191139029600.jpg
    191139029600.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 113
Robin said:
kach22i,

So what do you think of the HD photo of Ms. Hatcher's dress?
I guess it's okay.............bet I could find larger images on the Internet if I wanted to.

FYI:
Last year Ms Hatcher did a wonderful spread in one of the young men's life-style magazines, FHM or one of those. It was quite provocative, and even tossed in a bit of humor with her sitting on top of a washing machine during the spin cycle (I assume). ;)

I gave the free copy which I picked up at the local barbershop to a single friend of mine. I assume he is still enjoying it. :D

Back