The euphoneous Vignette

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holmancv

Reaction score
As a gradual upgrade strategy I am using my Denon 2105 as an AVR pre/pro and adding seven Outlaw 2200 200W monoblocks to the system as I can afford to do so. My modest ML front end is comprised of two Mosiacs and a center Vignette. (Two Def-Tec 7006 towers for side channels, two Def-Tec BP-2s for rears and two Def-Tec SuperCube II's for a subs.) I put the monoblock on the center channel Vignette last night, crossed my fingers and turned on the juice, so far so good. I wanted to inagurate them with something with some power so I thought about Wagner with the great bottom end and wonderful horns, Some older Jethro Tull, even some very early Chicago and finally settled on Mozart's Requiem Mass to see what would happen. What happened literally made the hair on my arms stand up. That tiny Vignette with a nice dose of wattage being thrown at it soared up through the stratosphere. What a wonderful experience. After I finish with the monoblocks I'm going to go to Vantages up front then do the preamp. But I have NO plans to replace that beautiful "little" Vignette. Happy new year to all of you wonderful folks out there.
Craig

holmancv said:
As a gradual upgrade strategy I am using my Denon 2105 as an AVR pre/pro and adding seven Outlaw 2200 200W monoblocks to the system as I can afford to do so. My modest ML front end is comprised of two Mosiacs and a center Vignette. (Two Def-Tec 7006 towers for side channels, two Def-Tec BP-2s for rears and two Def-Tec SuperCube II's for a subs.) I put the monoblock on the center channel Vignette last night, crossed my fingers and turned on the juice, so far so good. I wanted to inagurate them with something with some power so I thought about Wagner with the great bottom end and wonderful horns, Some older Jethro Tull, even some very early Chicago and finally settled on Mozart's Requiem Mass to see what would happen. What happened literally made the hair on my arms stand up. That tiny Vignette with a nice dose of wattage being thrown at it soared up through the stratosphere. What a wonderful experience. After I finish with the monoblocks I'm going to go to Vantages up front then do the preamp. But I have NO plans to replace that beautiful "little" Vignette. Happy new year to all of you wonderful folks out there.
Craig
Hola Craig...happy listening!!!
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Back