The best service I've ever received!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risabet

Reaction score
One of my Clarity's started to whistle and hiss, vacuuming had no effect on the problem so Jim Powers at M-L shipped me a new panel. I swapped it in for the old one and the problem remained. I e-mailed JP again and he shipped me out a bias unit and base as he thought this might be the problem, it was and the speakers now work perfectly.

My point is that in 30 years of audio, I have never, as a consumer, received such excellent service. No BS, no run around, no waiting forever. Not only are their speakers excellent but the after sale support is the best I have ever received.

Glowing rave over!

Jim has a "no problem" attitude no matter the situation. My ML Theater speaker was IN PIECES.. less than a week he had it back together good as new. Hey, I tried to get worked up about it, I really did, but his emails always put my heart at ease. Whatever they're paying him, it's not enough! Not like anyone here needs convincing that ML is top noch :D

Jim Powers...

risabet said:
One of my Clarity's started to whistle and hiss, vacuuming had no effect on the problem so Jim Powers at M-L shipped me a new panel. I swapped it in for the old one and the problem remained. I e-mailed JP again and he shipped me out a bias unit and base as he thought this might be the problem, it was and the speakers now work perfectly.

My point is that in 30 years of audio, I have never, as a consumer, received such excellent service. No BS, no run around, no waiting forever. Not only are their speakers excellent but the after sale support is the best I have ever received.

Glowing rave over!
risabet, Ryan, Tom,

I have never had the need to call Jim Powers, knock on wood, but as I'm sure everyone at the ML Club would agree, it gives me a really good feeling just knowing that ML and guys like Jim Powers, that deliver excellent service really do exist... :D Since, joining the ML Club, back in May of this year, I have read of at least a dozen individual incidents of wonderful service by ML and spacifically, Jim Powers... :D
IMHO, I think we should vote him, ML Club's - "Man-of-the-Year", for outstanding, sustained, excellent service from us, as ML owners... I think, it would mean something, coming from us, to a person of Jim Powers caliber. What do you guy think?

Cheers

-Robin

Agreed, I called asking about a DIY project related to my Ascent i's (which I will post here) and who ever answered was more than willing to actually get involved with what I was doing. Not they were going to help, but they took the time to understand my intentions and then gave me advice, which I could trust because I knew they understood. I didn't know that came with the speakers, but it is a nice relief to know that at least 1 company like this still exists today.
Customer service to me is the most important part of a company, and I truly believe that they secure their future customers through this attitude. They have with me.

*I hope ML reads this...And to them I say, thank you for making your customer satisfaction goal higher than your dollar satisfaction goal.*

Dominick in New Jersey

Robin said:
IMHO, I think we should vote him, ML Club's - "Man-of-the-Year", for outstanding, sustained, excellent service from us, as ML owners... I think, it would mean something, coming from us, to a person of Jim Powers caliber. What do you guy think?
He would be "Man of the Year" every year then, because he's been this way forever... I'm sure he's on this site, as are other ML employees. Comments like this are good for them to see, as are bad experiences.

I guess this is just one of the reasons we buy, isn't it? And more importantly one of the reasons we will keep buying ML. I have dealt with JP by email and received excellent service also, but I must say that I think the company as a whole provides excellent service. All my problems and questions have been answered to my satisfaction. A truly model company! Assuming ballpark sound quality I'd still buy ML over a better sounding competitor due to this after-sales service, as I'm sure most of us that have dealt with ML would.

I have delt first hand with Jim Power, and he, and ML, are a first class act , he is positive and energetic, always willing to help, even if you bought used speakers and dont know the history, he treats them all like past students that revisit him from time to time just to refresh themselves

In 2 1/2 years I've owned/currently own Ascents, Aeons, Odysseys and a cinema and haven't needed any service. But it's good to know if I ever do I can count on great service from ML.

If M-L is bought out what will future service be?

I am certainly not wishing anything bad in future service but 'new owners' do not give me a warm feeling inside. I have had M-L products for 15 years and never have been dis-satisfied with any interface I have had with these wonderful group of guys.

Memo to new owners: don't ruin this great company!

ted betley said:
I am certainly not wishing anything bad in future service but 'new owners' do not give me a warm feeling inside. I have had M-L products for 15 years and never have been dis-satisfied with any interface I have had with these wonderful group of guys.

Memo to new owners: don't ruin this great company!

Hola amigos...yes, ML has the best service!...and Mr. Jim Power is the gentleman that handles most of the service problems. I have being a distributor for ML over 19 years now, and I have never had any problem with parts or delays for service...
Regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.

Back