The Audio Analyst The Martin Logan Story w/ Gayle Sanders!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Absolutely incredible interview! I had no idea about the roles NASA, Bob Carver, and Paul McGowan played in ML's history, nor the potential partnership with Noel Lee (which, thankfully, never came to fruition)! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Scott and John Bagby, since acquiring the company from Shoreview, continue supporting the remaining ML team to continue their innovation and bring out more high-end designs (in addition to the more mainstream consumer stuff). Time will tell!

Wow! Absolutely incredible interview! I had no idea about the roles NASA, Bob Carver, and Paul McGowan played in ML's history, nor the potential partnership with Noel Lee (which, thankfully, never came to fruition)! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Scott and John Bagby, since acquiring the company from Shoreview, continue supporting the remaining ML team to continue their innovation and bring out more high-end designs (in addition to the more mainstream consumer stuff). Time will tell!
Yeah is it not great to hear all this? When I found out about it I was amazed.

Awesome interview - thanks for sharing!

Now I know where my Aerius's, SL3, etc. fit in to the grand scheme of things!

Very enjoyable to watch

Poor Joe turning an engineer into a audiophile-poor bastard, welcome Joe.

Dealers being invited to the company, dinner, and then listening to the Statement - Did you get to experience that Shawn?

Having a great team - How about hiring back Jim Powers please.

Never had heard of Eikon speakers before this video and would love to listen to them to see what Mr. Sanders is up to now.

Thanks for posting this.

I purchased my first decent stereo from Gayle prior to ML. Super nice guy.

Last edited:
Very enjoyable to watch

Poor Joe turning an engineer into a audiophile-poor bastard, welcome Joe.

Dealers being invited to the company, dinner, and then listening to the Statement - Did you get to experience that Shawn?

Having a great team - How about hiring back Jim Powers please.

Never had heard of Eikon speakers before this video and would love to listen to them to see what Mr. Sanders is up to now.

Thanks for posting this.

That was a bit before my time as a dealer. I was lucky enough to work at a dealet that had the Statements so I was able to listen to them. And an amazing Statement they were!

I got to hear Gayle's personal system back at a dealer training in the early 2000s. He had the mighty Statements in his finished basement set up with Krell FPB amps and a Conrad Johnson reference preamp. that was a really cool experience. He is a true gentleman and has a huge passion for speaker technology.

... Never had heard of Eikon speakers before this video and would love to listen to them to see what Mr. Sanders is up to now...

Gayle Sanders did a Zoom meeting with our local audiophile club back in March, with anecdotes dating back to his years at ML, and his new direction with Eikon. Here's the (slightly edited) recording...

Thanks for posting the meeting sleepysurf.

I will definitely check it out.

I have always been a huge stat fan after owning Koss electrostatic headphones in the 70's and listening to the Acoustat 2+2's back around that time (when I could not have afforded the boxes they came in).

Very happy to have stats singing in my cave

Back