the Aeon i's arrived, I might just die soon

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolcobramatt

Reaction score
update to my newbie thread, the Aeon i's arrived today and were absolutely mint! The reason for my impending death is I can't hook em up, no amp (but today I did buy that Musical Fidelity A300 I asked ya'll about), and no cables (Ima looking). Man this is torture lol.

Sitting here all quiet in my living room I swear I can hear the ML's calling to me. Am I losing my mind? :music:

sorry couldn't resist. He just hook em up with some cheap speaker cables from anywhere, just to get some sound out of them.

Congrats on the new addition! Likewise on the Musical Fidelity amp. After everything arrives and gets hooked up, I hope you'll decide that it is a match made in heaven.

In the meantime, is there no integrated amp or receiver lying around the house you could hook them up to? Surely you've got a friend in Pudacah that could contribute to the cause!

bahaman...your from Paducah lol..you know there ain't that many people in the STATE of Kentucky that know of ML let alone have a spare amp lying about. :D

Patricia Barber? Is that Tiki's sister? If it ain't the Eagles I ain't heard of 'em :cheers:

bahaman...your from Paducah lol..you know there ain't that many people in the STATE of Kentucky that know of ML let alone have a spare amp lying about. :D

Patricia Barber? Is that Tiki's sister? If it ain't the Eagles I ain't heard of 'em :cheers:

lol. You need to pick up her cd it's called "Companion" The Logans do a great job with it. I just picked it up today.

bahaman...your from Paducah lol..you know there ain't that many people in the STATE of Kentucky that know of ML let alone have a spare amp lying about.

You're right, I should have known better than to suggest that. Got an alternative. Radio Shack is open for another 45 minutes. Get in the car, head in that direction, and pick up one of these:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...Price/RSK/00005000/00009999&parentPage=family

That'll do the trick! ;) I'm sure you can return it next week if it doesn't seem to work in your system.

You're right, I should have known better than to suggest that. Got an alternative. Radio Shack is open for another 45 minutes. Get in the car, head in that direction, and pick up one of these:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...Price/RSK/00005000/00009999&parentPage=family

That'll do the trick! ;) I'm sure you can return it next week if it doesn't seem to work in your system.

Radio Shack? Sherwood? Maybe I've done went and joined the wrong site lol. J/k...I could prob borrow a Sony receiver if I get desperate, just afraid to underpower em and hurt em.

:D lol. can't be that bad in KY

Nah its not, esp now we got Gillespie!

Radio Shack? Sherwood? Maybe I've done went and joined the wrong site lol. J/k...I could prob borrow a Sony receiver if I get desperate, just afraid to underpower em and hurt em.

No worries, fellow Paducahan, you've found the right site! Unless you're talking a serious wait for the MF integrated, I would just be patient.

Though not nearly as momentous as your recent and impending arrivals, I just pulled the trigger on a ML Depth I snagged off the 'gon - four months old and about 1/2 the retail price!

congrats my friend. I do have an older Velodyne baby sub (justa 10) that my ex-wife bought me back in the late 90's. It won't be as good as the ML ya grabbed but lo and behold, mo' upgrade material! Dang I gotta stop this before the mod bug hurts me as bad as it did with my Cobra. Sigh traded one expensive habit for another lol.

Dang I gotta stop this before the mod bug hurts me as bad as it did with my Cobra.

I knew we had more than a love of music in common! My dad was a Ford dealer in the 60s and 70s and I got to test drive both a GT350 and GT500. Finally, when I was able to afford it, I got a Cobra of my own. While that car is gone, we are currently shopping for a current generation Mustang. I doubt we'll be able to afford a Cobra, but a convertible GT V8 is certainly a possibility.

I just sold my 03 Cobra vert (515 hp to the rear wheels), ghost flames, wow factor big time, and bought mustang #11 a few days later (sonic blue 03 gt vert). Just cant kick my stang habit.

You got to drive not one but TWO true Shelby's? Wow I can honestly say I am very envious!

Good luck with the wait. What about a source - what will you be using for source? Make sure you post it in Members' systems!

sorry couldn't resist. He just hook em up with some cheap speaker cables from anywhere, just to get some sound out of them.
Definitely scrounge! I remember the day I got my first ML's in and I went scrounging in the garage for anything to hook them up with. I was seriously desperate to listen to those babies NOW! I found a spool of 10 ga low voltage wire for the outdoor lighting system I was about to install in the courtyard and pond. Needless to say, I had to buy another spool, and the wire worked remarkably well in the interim.

Get them things hummin'!

Last edited:
Back