That's so crazy it just might work!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sakhavi

(from another recent thread...)
TomDac said:
It would be SO cool if we could all get together, bring our cables with us to someone's house and do some critical listening as a group.

Party at Tom's! Party at Tom's! :)
But seriously, have we ever actually made any efforts to convene in any number? This is such an amiable online community, I bet we'd really enjoy each other's in-person company, either for an informal weekend gathering in some kind volunteer host's hometown or as a more-or-less coherent group of hangers-on at some larger event like CES.

In the former case we could indeed all converge with our favorite (or our problematic) cables, media and / or (for locals or the ambitious) electronics and just chill (I'm betting some of us aren't bad cooks and mixologists); in the latter case we could at least get group rates. What's not to love?

sakhavi,

Your idea sounds good... I wonder what others will think, about your proposal... Jason (Cub Prez.), Tom (Web Master), Jeff, Eric, Dan, roberto, SurgarMedia, Ernie, and all the other great folks in this membership (I'm sorry... I could not listing everyone, but you know who you are), that contributes, so positively. We have so much in common... Martin Logan speakers and audiophilism in general. It will be interesting to see what kind of responses you get to this thread... and what our club membership thinks...

-Robin

Last edited:
I read about audio guys getting together once in local meet up chapters, it's not booked marked on my computer - can't find it..

Does Audio Asylum, Audiogon, Yahoo Groops, Google Groups or Meet-Up.com have anything going?

We are all over the country/world in this forum. Not a bad thing, just a fact.

edited for spelling.

Audio Circles has meeting groups as part of their forum.

The LA Orange County (I believe it was Orange County) has a great group and gets some really big name audio people to attend.

Getting all of us together would be hard as we are from East Coast, West Coast, United Kingdom, Europe, Central America just to name a few places. With all of these places, a central meeting point puts us somewhere in the Middle of the Atlantic Ocean :eek: :D Not sure if the Mega-Boat Cruise Lines would allow Stereo Equipment on-board :confused:

Dan

DTB300 said:
Getting all of us together would be hard as we are from East Coast, West Coast, United Kingdom, Europe, Central America just to name a few places. With all of these places, a central meeting point puts us somewhere in the Middle of the Atlantic Ocean :eek: :D

Right, I don't think we could ever hope to gather all of us - it'd have to be a less formal, catch-as-catch-can thing. More like "OK, this time we're heading to the East Bay Area, CA where a bunch of us are; whoever can get there, great, and whoever can host or recommend lodging, even better." Or Quebec, or Costa Rica, or London...

A rotating location makes it accessible to more people over time, and ends up hitting some pretty cool territory too. (This is basically the way my college buddies reune, roughly every year - we live everywhichwhere, and we've had a blast doing it.)

Doable? Not doable?

CES would probably be the best time to catch most of us together in one place at the same time. I believe a few people from the club have gotten together after CES for some drinks and story swapping.

Joe

Zip3kx07 said:
CES would probably be the best time to catch most of us together in one place at the same time.

I think that's a fine idea - I was trying to look up who might've discussed CES in this forum, but the dern search engine thinks CES is too short a term to search for, and not much comes up under Las Vegas...

It is an interesting thought and it would great if we could pull it off at least regionally from each area, Europe, Asia, Australia, S. Amercia and the U.S. I think CES is a great place to meet plus we can look at other stuff there too. :)
I would suggest if we do put something together that we also take some pictures so we can see what each of us "geek-a-zoids looks like :eek: . This way we can put a face with an avatar.

:cool:

Jeff :rolleyes:

Well, for any Tampa Bay area audiophiles, we have the Tampa Bay Listening Society... www.groups.yahoo.com/group/tbls

At least two of us have ML based systems, and hearing other folks setups (tubes or solid state, ESL or otherwise) is always enlightening.

Last edited:
I am positive we could pull off a Southern California meeting for members in that region. Us SoCal folks are use to travelling ridiculously long distances through grindlock. Who is with me?

Virginia...

I see Bal to the north...NC to the south...ok boys...meet in the middle...

Tidewater VA!! ;)

Pogue

thepogue said:
Tidewater VA!! ;)Pogue

Party at Pogue's! Party at Pogue's :D
3-4 hours' drive is a reasonable gathering distance to me, given a good enough plan - why don't I ask any Southeasterners who might be interested in attending (or better yet, hosting) to send me PMs and see if there's critical mass... Then we could think time & place.

All of you are welcome to Costa Rica...

sakhavi said:
Party at Pogue's! Party at Pogue's :D
3-4 hours' drive is a reasonable gathering distance to me, given a good enough plan - why don't I ask any Southeasterners who might be interested in attending (or better yet, hosting) to send me PMs and see if there's critical mass... Then we could think time & place.
Hello...Any of you or all of you are welcome to Costa Rica...and love to have you here...
My personal phone is: 506-380-5187
Office phone: 506-282-0239
Home phone: 506-215-1528

Just call and love to have you here for vacation, as all of you know, we are a little green country, and there is a lot to see, is you like wild life and vegetation...we have rain forest, dry forest, green forest, vegetation changes with only 5 minutes driving...an we have over 850 different species of byrds...(whole U.S.A. only has about 150)...so please you are welcome!!!
Warm regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.

Does that mean Indiana would be midway for the US? Just thinking of my drive time here...teehee. If something like this is truly decided upon and it is happening on a weekend when I don't have my kids, I have enough air miles to get me just about anywhere. Guess that means I would try to attend. I learn so much from you guys in the forums that my brain might get overloaded in person but I have always been known as a risk taker...:)

actually what we should do is approach MartinLogan about us all getting together in Lawrence Kansas for a tour of their facility. now THAT would be cool. I'm sure they have a sweet listening area too!

Agreed!!!!!

TomDac said:
actually what we should do is approach MartinLogan about us all getting together in Lawrence Kansas for a tour of their facility. now THAT would be cool. I'm sure they have a sweet listening area too!

Going to the ML plant would be awesome! Would that mean that we would need to be there during the week would be one of the questions I would ask. Perhaps the facility tour on Friday and spending that evening together and Saturday with people going home on Sunday. Airfare is always cheaper with a Saturday night stay over. ;)

Latest posts

Back