System Similarites.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jonnyb

I was just pondering while looking through members systems. I have have proberly looked at hundreds of systems here,audio asylum and other sites and rarely if at all have i seen an identical system. If the system is similar then the room configaration is different and the music listened to is proberly different.I am not an audiophile just really enjoy listening to music, both recorded and live. I think it is great that everyone can build their own systems and enjoy them.There used to be some posters on here that seemed to know what was right for everyone.No names mentioned.(KE--N). I have not posted my system yet but will try and get organized. Ascenti + Descent + Electra poweramp,pre,& DAC on the way. If any one is interested in Electra gear you could google Len Wallis HiFi and follow the product link to Electra, especially if you are in Aust. It is a small independant manafac. I have no interests in Co other than use his products. This post is only IMHO. Regards jonnyb

jonnyb said:
I think it is great that everyone can build their own systems and enjoy them.

Very well put!!! This is the bottom line for all of us ...ejoying what we have and grateful to have it.

The one thing in common is that we all choose M/L yet have not built our rooms/houses around them in the way they are meant to be heard. :D

One day I'll build my dream house - and it shall have a very special room.

The pictures below are of a model I built over ten years ago to study the dream room - which has a house built around it (to make the wife happy). Yes the room has changed alot and this is a pretty small 1/4" = 1'-0" scale - it's what we call a "study model" or "rough model" verses a more refined "Finish Model".

Attachments

• Floor-Plan.jpg
    Floor-Plan.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Jonnyb... I second or third your comment !!!!!!! Sometimes you read or see someone's setup and drool, sometimes you wonder what were they thinking, but the bottom line as they say is whatever floats your boat. Whatever makes us happy is then the right choice of equipment and who cares what everyone else thinks.

One more view, and no the speakers would not be glued to the wall like that. :rolleyes:

No one has the perfect room do they? Following the "golden rule" is the least we could try for.

Attachments

• Looking-down.jpg
    Looking-down.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 149
Kach22i, I agree with you there. When i was shopping for speakers i was undecided, ascent i or aeon i. I knew the ascents were going to be a little large for my present room, proberly the descent as well but i had in my mind a room i could set up solely for music. I think my eyes (or ears) were bigger than my stomach so to speak. I am glad i bought the larger versions now because unless i win the lottery i dont intend to upgrade. I know the system can sound better because i have alot of scope to improve my room acoustics. regards jonnyb.

Hmmmmmmm.....

When we purchased this house from plans over 5+ years ago, I specifically looked for a basement that could house a rectangular room for a future HT/Audio room for me. Good thing my wife and relatives love watching movies so they didn't think I was crazy. After waiting 14months for the house to be built and another 2 years for everything to settle we went whole hog on the theatre and we are more than happy with the results. The wife got her living room back and I got my "cave" in the basement where I can play full blast and still have people sleeping in the upstairs bedrooms undisturbed.

I know it wouldn't be featured in a AudioVideoInteriors mag or anything like that but then again it's what floats my boat and makes people around us happy. IMHO

BTW nice model kach22i
My other hobby is plastic kit modeling but I've been away from it for a few years now.

EricE said:
When we purchased this house from plans over 5+ years ago, I specifically looked for a basement that could house a rectangular room for a future HT/Audio room for me.
You are the exception to the rule..................be proud of that.
:)

kach22i said:
You are the exception to the rule..................be proud of that.
:)

I'm so lucky to have a wife that supports this and my other hobbies. She actually likes HT/Audio because she also gets to enjoy the system with myself and other friends too.

Our record was 18 people in the HT watching "Dance with Me" Yes, yes JayLo.... The guys wanted Aliens vs Preditor but we were outvoted.

EricE said:
Our record was 18 people in the HT watching "Dance with Me" Yes, yes JayLo....

Not a bad movie really....Man has mid-life crisis...finds something new to satisfy the same old dull life (no, not the usual young hottie)...and has a happy ending. Chick-Flick type movie...but worth the price of a rental.

Dan

Back