System Pictures / links posting

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

Len44

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Um, I have a question.

If I take picture with my iPhone, and then want to post the picture (or link) in the Systems Thread, what is the actual Step-by-Step procedure?

Do I need to execute some arcane "conversion" of picture type? It seems this all should be quite simple, and it may well be the case. Only I can't seem to figure this out.

Please help, and please try not to judge me too harshly...

Thanks!

ttocs

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
My name is Judge Harshley.

I know my iPhone can be problematic because it doesn't natively share jpgs, rather it wants to send png files, same with my MacBook Pro when I do screenshots. So I convert mine to jpg on my computer first. Maybe there's a setting on the iPhone, dunno, never looked, so I just convert.

So, I too would like to know if there's a better way.
Sincerely, Judge Harshley.

spkrdctr

Reaction score
First you have to remember, nothing with phones or computers is easy. It is always very hard unless you are doing the stuff almost daily. So, I don't know diddly squat about all the ins and outs of digital things. I had to work for the Government and they hire the dumbest for the lowest pay. Yup, a wasted life because of 9/11. Before that I was doing great. Since 9/11, I was in the crapper. Oh, and yes by the way, I do feel like killing terrorists.....with glee in my heart.

I hope that didn't offend anyone.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Um, I have a question.

If I take picture with my iPhone, and then want to post the picture (or link) in the Systems Thread, what is the actual Step-by-Step procedure?

Do I need to execute some arcane "conversion" of picture type? It seems this all should be quite simple, and it may well be the case. Only I can't seem to figure this out.

Please help, and please try not to judge me too harshly...

Thanks!

Make your photo and save to iPhone gallery. Open the forum and start a post and use the Attach Files button on the lower left side. Once it uploads, you'll see a small thumbnail of the photo with the words "Thumbnail" and "Full image" to the right of it.

1627601177203.png

First put the cursor where you want the image, then go down to the image and I click on Full image

12513487_949380581813689_7941082152058346582_o.jpg

Then click on your POST button.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What do you mean by an "official system number"?

Len44

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
What do you mean by an "official system number"?
In the "System Showcase" forum, where pictures are mandated, those who share their systems post a number, such as "701" or "538" and such. I do not know from where they obtain their number for their system before posting? Is this still required?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When looking in that forum more thread titles do not have a system number than do have a system number.

Go ahead and post without a system number.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
In the "System Showcase" forum, where pictures are mandated, those who share their systems post a number, such as "701" or "538" and such. I do not know from where they obtain their number for their system before posting? Is this still required?
Len, back when Tom was running the forum we(moderators)assigned system #'s on a running basis as we approved the entry / post. Current additions are now done differently

sleepysurf

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the new forum software doesn't allow our initial System post to be edited once there is a subsequent reply. That means the only way to update a system description is to cut and paste the updated version into a new reply. I reached out to the new Forum Admin last year, asking if that could be changed, but was told it couldn't.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That edit limitation is a big issue in that subforum.
I've begun to offline edit a new system description to reflect some upcoming changes, and I'm going to have to start a new system listing. I guess not a big deal, as my old thread is now 16 years old, and much of the subsequent postings in it are obsolete.

Latest posts