System #93 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOGANLOVE

Reaction score
1. John
2. Cullman, Alabama
3. Summits
4. 2006
5. no
6. TV-SONY KF50XBR800
Integrated Amp-Krell KAV-400xi
CD Player-Krell SACD Standard
DVD Player-Yamaha DVD-S2300
Cables-Audioquest Balanced Cheetah(Krell to Krell)
Audioquest Double Biwire CV8 and Type 8
Audioquest NRG-5 Power Cords for both Krell Pieces
Stock Power Cords on Logans
7. I have always wanted a pair of Logans since I first heard them in about 2000. It took me a while but I am very young (27) and feel very fortunate to own such a nice set of speakers. The Krell matches wonderfully with the Logans, however, once I am at the point of turning my system into a home theater again I will probably sell the Krell and move to the Anthem Statement Line with a Statement D2 and a P5 amp. Now that will be some power.

Attachments

• DSC_1337.jpg
    DSC_1337.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,696
  • DSC_1329.jpg
    DSC_1329.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,408
  • DSC_1332.jpg
    DSC_1332.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,321
  • DSC_1334.jpg
    DSC_1334.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,286
  • DSC_1345.jpg
    DSC_1345.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 1,319
Last edited:
Simple yet elegant! Welcome Logan Love! :D

PS
I see you're only 27, wow..... you got up there quick! I wish I could have Summits by the time I'm 27, patience will have to be on my side. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your system as it breaks in and takes you to another level of nirvana.

Very nice and beautiful looking system...What kind of music do you listen to?

Mike

Last edited:
Bono said:
Very nice and beautiful looking system...What kind of music do you listen to?

Mike
What I don't listen to would make a shorter list
I don't listen to Classical, Most Rap, Music prior to the 60's

LOGANLOVE said:
What I don't listen to would make a shorter list
I don't listen to Classical, Most Rap, Music prior to the 60's
My son, you don't know what your missing !! My oldest boy (your age) said the same thing once, now he too enjoys classical !!

BTW, your warranty on the Summitt's becomes null and void once you listen to any rap what-so-ever !!!

have fun and enjoy your system !!

Incredible Summit System...

LOGANLOVE,

Welcome to the 'Member System' fold! :D
Your Summits look so stately and divine... :D Such a musical system too. It is good to hear that you are planning to add HT to your music listening pleasure. You won't regret it. I think your Anthem D2 and P5 choices would be an awesome match with your powerful Summits. You would have it all, power and "Sonic Nirvana" all in one system... :D

Beautiful Summit system.

Beautiful system! I am want a pair of Summit's so bad... How do you like them and what was the speakers you listened to back in 2000 that made you fall in love with the Logans? Great set up!

Derrick

After a lot of listening, I am still very happy with my purchase of the Summits. I do miss having the home theater setup, but it is incredible how good the soundstaging is with just 2 channel. You would swear that the sound is coming from the imaginary center channel in the TV

Glad you're happy!! I'm going to go setup my Summits tonight... reading about yours makes me feel the need.... the need for speed... er, Summits! :)

LOGANLOVE said:
After a lot of listening, I am still very happy with my purchase of the Summits. I do miss having the home theater setup, but it is incredible how good the soundstaging is with just 2 channel. You would swear that the sound is coming from the imaginary center channel in the TV

If I had to build an HT setup all over again I would just go with a pair of Summits and maybe a sub. That's it, just 2.1 and play everything in stereo. I'd rather put the funds toward higher quality 2 channel gear rather than all that's needed to support multiple speakers and associated equipment.

I don't really have the appropriate room in my house to do home theatre the way it should be done. What I have is good but I know I'm not achieving nearly the potential that I could because of my room limitations.

I don't think I would miss dedicated surround effects that much and dialog appears to come from the center anyway when setup correctly. I've had times when certain sounds from 2 channel seems to come from the rear (its actually reflecting off the back wall).

I like my Summits too and look forward to getting them back to new tommorow night. The Aeons have been getting a lot of playing time lately and are sounding really good but the Summits do everything much better.

Craig said:
If I had to build an HT setup all over again I would just go with a pair of Summits and maybe a sub. That's it, just 2.1 and play everything in stereo. I'd rather put the funds toward higher quality 2 channel gear rather than all that's needed to support multiple speakers and associated equipment.

I don't really have the appropriate room in my house to do home theatre the way it should be done. What I have is good but I know I'm not achieving nearly the potential that I could because of my room limitations.

I don't think I would miss dedicated surround effects that much and dialog appears to come from the center anyway when setup correctly. I've had times when certain sounds from 2 channel seems to come from the rear (its actually reflecting off the back wall).

I like my Summits too and look forward to getting them back to new tommorow night. The Aeons have been getting a lot of playing time lately and are sounding really good but the Summits do everything much better.
I won't go home theater again until I move so that I may have a dedicated home theater room.

Back