System #87 (Ascent i, Motif, Fresco, Descent i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mapmustang

Reaction score
1. Mark Potter
2. Houston, TX
3. Ascent i's, Motif, Frescos, Descent i
4. Bought 2005-2008
5. No mods
TV - Sharp LC52LE700
Preamp - Emotiva UMC-1
Amp - Emotiva XPA-5
Bluray - Oppo BDP-83
Belkin Pure AV PF40 Power Console
Monster M2.2S Speaker cable
Monster M series interconnects
XBOX360 w/HD-DVD drive and computer hooked up.
Harmony One remote
7. I used to work for Tweeter and always loved the Logans, but could never afford them. When the Ascents went on clearance, I was able to pick up a pair. That was in August of 2005. I eventually added Frescos, Montage, Mosaics, Motif, and the Descent i. I've downgraded to a 5.1 setup for now, leaving me with what you see. Recently I have been changing gear around instead of speakers.
dscf0163be0.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic System...

Mark,

Welcome to the ML Club!
Great looking audio system. :D What percentage do you enjoy HT films vs. music listening? I was wondering what kind of Sunfire Cinema ~ Seven you own the 200 watt or the 400 watt? As I've heard great things about both. Also I noticed in the photo of your system their is a black box on the floor with white wires coming from it, is that an Xbox 360?

I think your future plans of acquiring Fresco's and Descent are excellent... :D

Beautiful system as it is.... :D

It is good to have you here.

Cool system.

Batman Begins freak'in rocks. :D Love that movie, Cant wait for the Blu-Ray version.

Thanks for posting it.

Something tells me that watching movies with that setup is really sweet. Welcome to the ML Club! :cool:

Robin said:
Mark,

Welcome to the ML Club!
Great looking audio system. :D What percentage do you enjoy HT films vs. music listening? I was wondering what kind of Sunfire Cinema ~ Seven you own the 200 watt or the 400 watt? As I've heard great things about both. Also I noticed in the photo of your system their is a black box on the floor with white wires coming from it, is that an Xbox 360?

I think your future plans of acquiring Fresco's and Descent are excellent... :D

Beautiful system as it is.... :D

It is good to have you here.
I listen to about half movies and half music right now. Plenty of music while I'm on the computer, but that's not serious listening. I'm running the Cinema 200-7. I just picked it up a few weeks ago, but has been a great performer so far, especially biamping the ascents. Thats actually a PS2 at the bottom of the screen, just hooked up temporarily. It is a small room, so I can't get everything completely in the shot. When I get my own place, I will have a larger room that will open up the sound quite a bit. On the other hand, when the bass hits in a movie clip or a song peaks, it fills the room quite nicely. Thanks for the comments guys.

Mark

Sunfire Cinema ~ Seven 200 is great...

mapmustang said:
I listen to about half movies and half music right now. Plenty of music while I'm on the computer, but that's not serious listening. I'm running the Cinema 200-7. I just picked it up a few weeks ago, but has been a great performer so far, especially biamping the ascents. Thats actually a PS2 at the bottom of the screen, just hooked up temporarily. It is a small room, so I can't get everything completely in the shot. When I get my own place, I will have a larger room that will open up the sound quite a bit. On the other hand, when the bass hits in a movie clip or a song peaks, it fills the room quite nicely. Thanks for the comments guys.

Mark
Mark,

Thank you for the additional info. and ansewering all of my Q's. You've got a very versital system for all uses really - music, films and gaming too... :D Let us know if you up-grade anything or move to your own place with a larger HT room, in the future.

Updated my equipment list. New pics to come soon. Hopefully some new gear too.

Latest posts

Back