System #84 (Ascent i, Descent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super system ...

Russell,

Beautifully musically symmetrical system. :D I love how your Ascents i's and Descents are positioned. Now I wish I had another Descent... ;) I am curious about your room dimensions? Did you purchase or make the acoustic sound tubes in the corners of your room, behind your Ascent i's? Do the acoustic sound tubes in the corners make a positive improvement in the Bass or Higher tonal registers of sound or both? Do you find the fire place, a room acoustical sound challenge or not? Does your Bel Canto EVO4 amp. and Bel Canto PREP2 preamp sound as awesome as they look?

Wonderful system Russell... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Robin.
Thanks for the interest in my new system. MY room dimensions are 14ft. wide by 40ft. long. My music room is open to my kitchen so it is realy one big room. I used two Descent subs because of the size. I wanted to be able to fill the space efficiently. I also feel that two subs. for each channel sounds more realistic, you can't tell where the bass is coming from it just fills the room. The tube traps are made by Acoustic Sicences corp. Yes it makes a big difference eith the traps in the front corners. There is no muddy or boomy bass it is deep and tight. my fireplace as far as I can tell is not giving me a problem. Maybe because it is not a flat surface. I could be loosing some bass through the glass doors, but with two subs it realy dosn't matter. The Bel Canto gear sounds great. The low end is a little week without the subs. I am not sure if it is a amp thing or just the nature of the Ascenti speakers. The midrang is the best I have ever heard in a long time going through the ML panels. nice talking to you keep intouch.
Russell

Superb system... I like the dual Descents and you have impeccable tastes as evident with your Bel Canto PreAmp/Amp combo!

Hi Russell,

What a nice, neat setup ! Must sound fantastic with those 2 Descents ;) ! What kind(s) of music do you listen to mostly ?

Thanks for sharing ! Enjoy !

Back