System #83 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viking

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Bjørnar Nilsen

2. Location: 7620 Skogn, Norway

3. ML Model(s): Summit

4. Year Purchased: 2005

5. Mods/Changes: 2x Solid Tech Ros racks with FOS

6. Associated Electronics: APL Hifi NWO-2 and Wolcott 280-S tubeamp

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

Last edited:
TomDac said:
Welcome Aboard! Our first Summit system.

Tom.

I thought we had another Summit system by Rtagle (#59)?

Anyway... SWEET SUMMITS! :D

Last edited:
I`m just now talking to some acoustic firms to get the "cave" sorted out soundwise :)
It looks like hell ;-) but serves as my sanctuary and I barely have lights on down there so it doesn`t matter anyways, but I have to work on the acoustics.
A pic of the connection to one Summits :)

Attachments

• Summit-bak.jpg
    Summit-bak.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 3,106
Hi Viking,

I like your "cave". ( I'm also in a basement so I can relate !! ;) )

Congratulations for your system: your choice of electronics to drive the Summits is exemplary !

Happy listening !

The Meridian set is from my "old" home theater setup that I had. I`ve just ordered and deposited $9000 for the APL hifi NWO-1 :)
http://www.aplhifi.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=253
I also have a Shunyata Hydra 8 to the left under my G98 connected to the outlet via a Shunyata Python Alpha powercord. At the back of the room I also have a new rack ready for assembly, a Grandprix Audio Laguna w carbon upgrade and Apex feet :)

Your Summit system looks fantastic...

Viking,

You have a great musical system. I like how you have the huge, Pass Labs X 350.5 amplifier positioned, it looks simply awesome... :D I was wondering, what are those black rectangle pieces attached to the ceiling just in front of your Summits? Are they sound panels, for better sound dispersion?
I like your Summits in 'Natural Cherry' just beautiful... ;)

Cheers

-Robin

Wow ! That source ( APL hifi NWO-1 ) should be fantastic !! I hope you don't have to wait too long to enjoy it.

Take care,

The NWO-1 is reported to be a fanastic player, I also like the simplicity by having source and preamp all in one box :) The soundpanels on the ceiling were used in my earlier home theater setup using JMLAB Altoutopia BEs, I just haven`t taken then down yet :)

JMLAB Altoutopia BEs...

Viking said:
The NWO-1 is reported to be a fanastic player, I also like the simplicity by having source and preamp all in one box :) The soundpanels on the ceiling were used in my earlier home theater setup using JMLAB Altoutopia BEs, I just haven`t taken then down yet :)
Viking,

Maybe you don't need to take them down just reposition them for your Summits? They might do some good correct? :D

Cheers

-Robin

Here is a pic of the upcoming rack and the supertweeters I used earlier with my JMLAB Altoutopia BEs :)

Attachments

• Laguna rack.JPG
    Laguna rack.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 1,361
  • muRata.JPG
    muRata.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 1,224
I am jealous, you got a Grand Prix audio rack before I did. I hope you enjoy it, I love my little amp stand from GPA it really helps open up the sound.

When are going to set it up? I would like to see pics of it when your done. :D

I`m waiting for my NWO-1 as the rack will have room for 3 components, Pass, NWO-1 and the Shunyata Hydra 8 :) In the top box of the LAguna pack there are 3 Apex feet with silicone nitride balls :)

As you can see my X350.5 is modded with new terminals also, curtesy of the Swedish importer/distributor :)
Another thing: I juste mounted my Summits on new feet, Summit, spikes and carpeted floor is NOT optimal conditions. I`ve put my Summits on finite elemente Cerabases, adjusted them to a clearance of 55 mm. God damn what a step up in soundquality. The first I notice as I play loud is that the bass department of the Summits have extremely lowered it`s vibrations- these feet WORK! :)

A pic of the new and specially designed diffusors for mounting behind the Summits to get control of the rear dispersion. The same manufacturer is making side reflex diffusors for me as well as broadband absorbers and Helmholts resonators :)

Attachments

• TP.jpg
    TP.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,063
Pass X350.5 Heat Sink Fins...

Viking said:
The connections to my X350.5 :)
Viking,

I love those Pass X350.5 heat sink huge fins, but soooo cool. Great photo from above of the connections and those wonderful Fins... :D

Joey, I second that..., Yeah, Way COOL defusors... :D

Latest posts

Back