System #81 (Aerius)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yang1815

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Andy Yang

2. Location: Omaha, NE

3. ML Model(s): Aerius

4. Year Purchased: 2005

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics:
Denon 3806 as Pre/pro
Anthem AMP 2 Special Edition
JVC XV-N50 DVD Player
Modded XBox with Logitech Wireless Controllers
DirecTV HD DVR
BlueJeans IC/Speaker Cables
Airport Express

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
Thanks to ml360, amey01, Robin, DTB300, dyazdani, Jeff Zaret,
Zip3kx07, miljac, kach22i, and Spike for their suggestions.

b15640456.jpg

Last edited:
I see you use the top-secret Printer tweak in your setup :) Don't you remember that when using that tweak it is not supposed to be disclosed in pictures :eek:

Dan

We can see you in the TV's reflection.

Thanks for dressing up. :D

DTB300 said:
I see you use the top-secret Printer tweak in your setup :) Don't you remember that when using that tweak it is not supposed to be disclosed in pictures :eek:

Dan

Haha I actually couldn't decide where to put the printer. All the way on top or in the middle or what. But then I figured the receiver and amp need to be by themselves due to heat, I stacked the XBox on top of the HD DVR then on top of the DVD. Printer somehow sneaked its way to the top though.

katch22i said:
We can see you in the TV's reflection.

Thanks for dressing up.

Haha yeah I'll take better pics later when I have more time. It's finals week!!!

chris03053 said:
Nice system Andy. Are you going to get a center speaker?

Thanks. As for center speaker... I'd like to but I'm not into the look of the ML center's... Maybe later down the road though, there's always room for improvement/expansion.

However I do have a sub that I have no clue where to put in the room! As you can see the space is filled up and on both sides of the speakers there are openings. So I was thinking about just running a cable across but that'd look retarded...

I think a Cinema would look and sound good above the TV.

By the way, how large is your collection of sheet music to play through the printer?

?????

Your system is SCREWED by that BIG screen tween the speakers.
If you are interested in hearing it do what it is capable of doing LOSE the TV.

doak said:
Some of us need to have our systems in living space with family...and do not have a choice of having the TV or not.

Dan

Last edited:
doak said:
I think he knows this.

Perhaps draping a big heavy wool blanket over it during serious listening will help. It's what I do. See system 42 for more tips.

You should read the tweek thread "Jim Powers toe-in method" - after finals of course. ;)

*sigh*

The living room is of a weird design in which as you can see, on both sides of the wall where I place the electronics, are door ways leading into different rooms. Thus instead of putting the left speaker across the doorway at the corner. I choose to put it right next to the TV.

However by screwed I assume when the TV's on and listening right? It wouldn't hurt the speakers? When I listen to music I have everything else off including the TV.

Thanks for more comments and suggestions! I've been out of the country since the day final ended so I haven't had time to tweak or enjoy my system. But as soon as I get back I will!

Geez... you're younger than me and you own a solid ML set. Nice job!

Joey_V said:
Geez... you're younger than me and you own a solid ML set. Nice job!

HA, how do you think I feel, I was like the youngest member here for a long time, and now.... Little older little wiser, I guess. :rolleyes:

Zip3kx07 said:
HA, how do you think I feel, I was like the youngest member here for a long time, and now.... Little older little wiser, I guess. :rolleyes:

But but but... I dont wanna be older!!! :mad:

No fair Yang! :(

Back