System #80 (SL3)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Erictrostatic

Eric in Los Angeles

SL3 (bought in 1996, almost 10 years of flawless live music :D)
Classe CA100 CP-35
CAL Delta Transport
CAL Alpha Tube DAC
PS Audio Power Director 4.7
Denon DVD-1600
NEC 42VP4
MIT and Madrigal cables

Attachments

• IMG_0454_mod.JPG
    IMG_0454_mod.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 2,996
Thanks Tom. More pix...

Attachments

• IMG_0460_small.JPG
    IMG_0460_small.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,906
One more...

Attachments

• IMG_0461_small.JPG
    IMG_0461_small.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 1,937
Close up of the ED plasma PQ

Attachments

• IMG_0463.JPG
    IMG_0463.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 1,816
Very nice system,
Looks like you could use a center channel. :p

How do you like your PS Audio PD4.7?

Last edited:
Highlighted beautiful musical system...

Eric,

Your system looks fantastic... I like how your photos turned out, especially the back lighting of your SL3's, totally awesome, dude... :D
NEC makes a wonderful plasma TV, yours looks great, I like your stand too... :D

I am curious, what are your room dimentions? Also, what precentage do you listen to music and HT? Do you plan to purchase any other ML speakers someday? Can you discribe the sound of your Classe CA100 CP-35, with your SL3's?

Great looking set-up... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Very nice system, but where is the TT. Martin-Logan's w/o vinyl is just wrong IMO

That system is similiar to what I once had,Cal Alpha/Delta,Classe CA150/CP35 :cool:

Wow the screen in the first picture almost looks to be photoshopped! Very nice!

Very, Very nice. I too like the back lighting affect. I miss my CAL stuff(sold/given to my son). My ears told me Classe' and ML were meant for each other. When $$$$ allow that might be my first upgrade, had a chance to pick-up a barely used CA-301 but missed out, oh well.

Again very nice, Happy Holidays!!!!

Thanks all for the nice words.

Zip3kx07 said:
Very nice system,
Looks like you could use a center channel. :p

How do you like your PS Audio PD4.7?
...and rear channels and sub and preprocessor and 3 more amps.... :D
The PD gives a more 3D sound, feels fuller and a bit more dynamics. It doesn't give me the cleaner sound feeling which was my expectation (don't know why). Though, I'm not sure the price is worth the 3D improvement.

Robin said:
I am curious, what are your room dimentions? Also, what precentage do you listen to music and HT? Do you plan to purchase any other ML speakers someday? Can you discribe the sound of your Classe CA100 CP-35, with your SL3's?
Room is 12x18x9. I'm very particular about the speakers placement.

I'm one of the few pure 2 channel guys left in this world, the TV and DVD were added just because... everytime the thought of getting a surround system comes up, it would soon become saving for my dream - B&W 801D :eek: So no, probably not another ML, though I've no complaints about it's sound, love the soundstage and imaging.

Classe was the warmest solid state amps I could find for the budget. I've been test listening to the Audio Research VS110 and SP16L and it sounds very similar to my Classe combo as far as tonal balance goes. Not analytical yet can handle huge symphonies fairly well.

risabet said:
Very nice system, but where is the TT. Martin-Logan's w/o vinyl is just wrong IMO
Someday I'll get another one. Still have my records from the 80s collecting dust.

A Musical image ML sound...

Erictrostatic,

It seems like you love your system just the way it is... ;) Good for you. :D
So do you listen to all kinds of music? Or do you listen to more jazz and blues?

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
Erictrostatic,

It seems like you love your system just the way it is... ;) Good for you. :D
So do you listen to all kinds of music? Or do you listen to more jazz and blues?

Cheers

-Robin
It's been a long while....
I can truly relax when listening to Mozart the great. Piano sonatas, the grand piano right there between the ML. Also like to recreate a little jazz club right behind the ML, double bass to the right, saxophone right there next to it, next is the piano and the drums are well back over there....

Eric

You have a beautiful setup there. Exactly how I'd like to set mine up!

I agree about the backlighting. Very nice effect.

Nice setup! We have a lot of similar gear. I like the back lighting. I want to do something like that. I need to get some pics of my system and post. Any updates to your system since you posted last?
Torry V.

Back