System #79 (Revel Studio II's , previous Spire)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do let us know how it sounds.....I suspect that it will be in the analytical/accurate camp, whereas my Koetsu is firmly in the romantic camp.

actually Bernard I've always felt the Benz-Micro line to be somewhat of a 'poor mans' Koetsu for it displays, IMO, the right amount romance (again tonal lushness) along with very respectable accuracy, etc.

BTW, what alignment protractor do you use? I know that the Feickert is popular, but it uses the cartridge body, not the cantilever for alignment.

I use my five power jewlers loop along with DB Sys (DBP-10) and VPI alignment jigs. Alignment is done via the cantilever (which is the correct way)

Judging by the picture you posted, I'm surprised you can hear anything at all (unless you use monofilament cartrdige leads)! :)

Seriously, enjoy your new toy!

Dave , thats the smallest Mercedes I have ever seen where's the windows?

I wish you happy listening.

GO BILLS tonight

That looks very nice Dave. In fact it looks somewhat similar to my Te Kaitora cartridge. Have fun spinning vinyl this Christmas!

Glen

Judging by the picture you posted, I'm surprised you can hear anything at all (unless you use monofilament cartrdige leads)! :)

this better Rich !

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 510
A new addition......not sure it will be permanent or not (my ARC PH-5 is back @ ARC for repairs)

Fosgate Signature phono-pre

I'll post a review once I've a little more 'seat time' .....

Attachments

• IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 646
Dave, very nice-looking; I really like the look of the unit. It would be interesting if you compared it with the ARC once it's back. Are you planning to do any tube rolling as part of your review?

Are you planning to do any tube rolling as part of your review?

Interesting you should ask Bernard............yes, but not quite what one would expect. I'll elaborate when I give it a little write-up.

twich54-
I noticed your location is in SE Penn. I lived in Abington for 3 years (which is just north of philly). Is this around your area? There was a really cool high end audio store just across the street in Jenkintown where I worked I don't know if your familiar with the area but may be worth checking out.

I'm west of Philly, I think the audio salon you speak of is the 'Hi-Fi House' if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Dave
I just noticed your system, I recently got this ML cause I did not know how well they'd work with my entry level amp, But the last 2 weeks I've looking all around and thought about the M180 or the 150's, I see that you have some years of experience and wanted to ask you! Do you think or know if getting mono's or stereo for my speaker will get better? or Changing the speakers to another level between ML be better?

faby,
I love my 180's........so, not knowing your system it is a little tough for me to comment on which is the best way to go.

Dave, since you own the periphery ring for your turntable, one thing I would like to see is pictures of the output from the Feickert Turntable Speed app, with and without the ring in place. The app is free, but you would need an LP with a 3150 Hz track on it.....such as the Analog Productions' Ultimate Test LP.

BTW, your write-up on the Fosgate is long overdue.

Dave, since you own the periphery ring for your turntable, one thing I would like to see is pictures of the output from the Feickert Turntable Speed app, with and without the ring in place. The app is free, but you would need an LP with a 3150 Hz track on it.....such as the Analog Productions' Ultimate Test LP.

what the hell's an 'app' ………………only kidding, but you Bernard how much I hate a lot of this new technology crap, besides my TT speed is just fine, I have an SDS unit.

BTW, your write-up on the Fosgate is long overdue.

like fine wine my friend …….. all in good time…….. OK, truth, I forgot.

what the hell's an 'app' ………………only kidding, but you Bernard how much I hate a lot of this new technology crap, besides my TT speed is just fine, I have an SDS.
Dave, I wasn't questioning your TT speed. What I'd like to see is the effect, if any, of the periphery ring.

Guess I'll have to see if someone not so ancient can do it instead...hey, wait a minute, you're younger than me!

updated my CDP to a Cary 306 (last Fall) …………..one of these days I'll update my pics ……….

Back