System #78 (Aeon, Theater, Script)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolfin

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Ryan

2. Location: El Mirage, Arizona USA

3. ML Model(s): Aeon, Theater, Scenario, Script

4. Year Purchased: 2001-2005

5. Mods/Changes: N/A

6. Associated Electronics:
Video
Panasonic TH-50PX500U 50" Plasma Monitor
Pioneer Elite DVR-57H DVR/DVD recorder
Samsung DVD-HD950 Hi-Def Conversion DVD Player
Pioneer CLD-D704 2-Side Laser/CD Player

Audio
Sunfire Cinema Grand Five Signature Amplifier (Series II)
Sunfire Theater Grand II Preamp
SVS PB12-Ultra/2 Subwoofer

Cabling
Monster Z3 Reference Center Channel
Monster Z2 Reference to Aeon's
Nordost Flatline Gold MKII to Scripts Rear channel
Straightwire interconnects
Better Cables for LFE

Other
BDI Vista 9950 BLACK A/V STAND
Sanus NF206 Black 6-Shelf Audio Stand
Philips ProntoPro NG TSU7000
Monster Power HTS5000 power center
Theater powered by a DEDICATED 20a circut run straight to the house panel.

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: From the first time I heard a ML speaker, I had the feeling like I had discovered something that nobody else knew about. Never in my life had I heard something so fast and accurate. I had always been chasing the perfect sound.. and since I bought my first pair of logans, I haven't looked back. Mostly I use my system for movies, but I'm slowly beginning to build up a collection of dvd audio disks as I've discovered that it's a night and day difference from a regular audio cd.

8. An image of your system.

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 2,104
Last edited:
Cool system...

Ryan,

Beautiful system... Your Aeon's and Theater i look great. I like the stand you have for the Theater i. It would be interesting to see more of your listening area, the Scenario's and Script i's? I noticed you have a PS2 with a blue controler for gaming. Do you have an XBox (live)? or are you planning to acquire XBox 360? Your Panisonic Plasma TV is awesome! I love the Plasma TV stand... :D

Very Cool HT system... :D

Cheers

-Robin

I see your Theater/Fed Ex issue has been taken care of.....Doh!

How do you like the SVS? I'm saving up for a sub (it's going to take years) and either a cyliner or box Ultra are on my list of potentials.

Robin said:
Ryan,

Beautiful system... Your Aeon's and Theater i look great. I like the stand you have for the Theater i. It would be interesting to see more of your listening area, the Scenario's and Script i's? I noticed you have a PS2 with a blue controler for gaming. Do you have an XBox (live)? or are you planning to acquire XBox 360? Your Panisonic Plasma TV is awesome! I love the Plasma TV stand... :D
Very Cool HT system... :D
Cheers
-Robin

Hey thanks! No (i's) in mine, they're all the pre-i editions. I'm alot more into gaming on my computer (no vested interest in getting an x-box, who has the time!), I have the PS2, but will more than likely be relocating it to the 36" sony xbr that the plasma displaced since I'm paranoid about burn-in. I will be taking some more pictures soon! :D

Kruppy said:
I see your Theater/Fed Ex issue has been taken care of.....Doh!

How do you like the SVS? I'm saving up for a sub (it's going to take years) and either a cyliner or box Ultra are on my list of potentials.

Yes, FINALLY! Jim Power at Martin Logan got things all patched up. These speakers are apparently much more rugged than most people would imagine, the components just needed a new box, everything else with the exception of one of the tweaters was still tip top.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE my SVS. I purchased it when the Velodyne I used to have decided to give up the ghost. I used to think with the velodyne that I was getting adequate representation of bass.. boy was I wrong! You can FEEL the pressure of the room change when the SVS gets some good signal. Add to that absolutely stellar support.. those guys at SVS know what they're doing, read all their emails, and will take the time to ask the important questions before recommending a good bass solution. It's worth EVERY penny. :D

Last edited:
Dolfin's...

Ryan,

I like your Dolfin collection, both front and rear. I see where you get your web handle... ;) The rear of your system looks great. The photo looks good. I like your discription of your subwoofer SVS... :D

Excellent system, Dude... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Just a couple more pics. Another nice pic looking at it from the front and wiring .. (the part about HT we'd all like to forget about). :eek:

Attachments

• page1_11.jpg
    page1_11.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,592
  • page1_12.jpg
    page1_12.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1,313
Dolfin said:
Just a couple more pics. Another nice pic looking at it from the front and wiring .. (the part about HT we'd all like to forget about). :eek:

I've never seen the Ultra Sub with Aeons. That thing is HUGE :eek: :D . Great system.

Ok, I have to make a sub size comment too.

Holy hugeness. THAT THING IS GINORMAS!

Man, I hate having sub-envy..... :rolleyes:

Heh.. loving the SVS comments. Here's a photo for scale, and another just because. I'm about 5'11" @ 260 pounds and that thing gave me a run for my money getting it into the house. :D

Attachments

• svs.jpg
    svs.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,150
  • page1_06.jpg
    page1_06.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,194
Ok, once more, DANG that thing is huge!

BTW, anytime you're in the metro Detroit area, stop by and organize my cables. I feel like the back of my rack has grown corn rows.

Dolfin said:

Hi,
Nice job on the harnessing. In the future, try to keep the AC cables seperated from the audio cables, you'll get less induced hum that way.

Peter

Peter Hogan said:
Hi,
Nice job on the harnessing. In the future, try to keep the AC cables seperated from the audio cables, you'll get less induced hum that way.

Peter

Not one bit of hum as of yet. The monster cables seem to be incredibly well shielded, and I keep the nordost run independant of any other wire run.

Thanks for the concern though. :)

Dolfin said:
Looks good Ryan. Very nice.

Once again Dolfin, Thank You for the kind words on my system.

You also have a very nice system, but it looks like both our systems suffer from a bad case of the cramps. The speakers, audio stand, and TV are so close together that it really chokes the sound. It would really help if you could pull out those Aeon’s and get them out in front of the audio stand and TV, it has made a world of difference for me. When it comes to electrostats you should never be afraid to experiment with placement, a few inches can mean the difference between liking the sound of your system and being intoxicated by the sound.

Take care

Great setup. Esp admire your wire harnassing. Makes my setup look like a rat's nest. Did you post pics of your side surrounds and what size room do you have? As strong as you appear, only the SVS Ultra 2 good give you a run for your money. :)

attyonline said:
Esp admire your wire harnassing. Makes my setup look like a rat's nest.

It may look better, but the harnessing is not a good thing for sonics. This will cause RF pollution. If it is required to have wires touch, it should happen at a right angle.

jjqiv said:
It may look better, but the harnessing is not a good thing for sonics. This will cause RF pollution. If it is required to have wires touch, it should happen at a right angle.

Hi,
While technically this is true, the only wires that carry enough current to affect nearby wires are the AC power and speaker cables, those should be kept seperate from signal wiring. The low power signal wires don't carry enough current to induce any significant voltage in another wire, and optical cables are completely immune to this.

Peter

Back