System #78 (Aeon, Theater, Script)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter Hogan said:
Hi,
While technically this is true, the only wires that carry enough current to affect nearby wires are the AC power and speaker cables, those should be kept seperate from signal wiring. The low power signal wires don't carry enough current to induce any significant voltage in another wire, and optical cables are completely immune to this.

Peter

AC wires and speaker cables are definately the biggest culprit. Keep them as far away from IC's as possible. Also avoid bundling AC wires. You can use spacers, tape, ect. to help.

IC's are not completely ammune from causing interference. Specially if you are using unsheilded IC's. The less the interference, the less hash and smearing.

Still never heard one BIT of impurity through my speakers. Honestly. There is no speaker more unforgiving of imperfection than a ML. If we were talking about unshielded speaker cables, sure, keep them on seperate runs from power wires, but if you have good shielding, there's no reason to make the wiring any more inconvenient than is necessary.

Of course, this is only my opinion. But I pride myself on having a sharp ear for things like this.

Small update

Finally got around to bi-wiring my Aeons. I think it brightened up the panels up a bit.. and it looks cool too! :D

Attachments

• biwire.jpg
    biwire.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 3,281
Bi-Wiring Aeon's...

Ryan,

I agree your Bi-wiring looks very cool. ;) Great photo (as usual) I wish I was a competent as you are with a digital camera... :D :p :D

Back