System #63 (SL3)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abhijit

Reaction score
System #63 (Summit)

Abhijit Dey

Kuwait - Middle East of Asia

Martin Logan Summit

Purchased on November 2006
Associated Electronics:
AES Six Pac Tube amplifier with Gold Lion KT88 Tubes

Plinius SA102 Mark II Power Amplifier

Cary SLP-05 Pre-amp

Wadia 861 CD player

SME 10 with Sr V Tone Arm Turntable

Shelter 501 & Nakamichi MC-500 Moving Coil Cartridge

Trigon Elecktronics ADVANCE MC/MM Pre-amp

Aiwa XKS9000 Cassette Deck

Akai Tuner

Cables & Interconnects

Harmonix HS-101 Max cables for Hi & Mid Frequency

Harmonix HS-101 SLC cables for Lo Frequency

Harmonix HS-101 GP XLR SUS

Harmonix HS-101 GP RCA

Harmonix HS-101 Imp SUS

Harmonix XDC Power Cables for all the equipment

MIT Z STABILIZER for Pre-amp and Source Device

Dedicated wiring from the DB - (15 Amp Socket) one for Pre-amp & Source Device and for Power Amp
Comments

- What a stunning Speakers "Summits" are!!!!

- What a change in Sound after replacing with Harmonix cables

Cable stand from Oregondv

Attachments

• HiFi_1.jpg
    HiFi_1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 723
  • HiFi_2.jpg
    HiFi_2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 710
  • HiFi_3.jpg
    HiFi_3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 641
Last edited:
Sl3

Hi, Thanx for the complement. Your systems looks cool. How do you find PS Audio's XLR cables? I am using MIT MH330 PROLINE XLR cable. Do you have any idea about Transparent's Ulra XLR cable. How good r they?

I like the setup. Far from the wall and a nice view. Cant do better!

Congrats! :)

abhijit said:
Hi, Thanx for the complement. Your systems looks cool. How do you find PS Audio's XLR cables? I am using MIT MH330 PROLINE XLR cable. Do you have any idea about Transparent's Ulra XLR cable. How good r they?

Ps Audio’s Statement interconnects were good cables but left a little some thing to be desired. They had a big open sound stage with lots of powerful bass, but the Mids and highs seemed laid back and unfocused. You can still find some close out deals on Ps Audios statement and Plus cables at www.amusicdirect.com, and www.Audiogon.com is a good place to find them.

Ps Audio came out with a new line of cables that look very good. There sold silver cable looks to be a real winner, and its at a grate price compared to other solid silver cables. If I was in the marked for new cables I would start there.

Unfortunately I have never tried Transparent's Ulra XLR, so I cant comment on it performance. Sorry

Hope this helps

Joey_V said:
I like the setup. Far from the wall and a nice view. Cant do better!

Congrats! :)

Thanx. Yeah keeeping the speakers far away from wall gives a better effect of the dept of the sound. I prefer near field listening too.

nice set up

Congratulations. This is a really cool set up. How far is your listening position ? Am still in the process of getting a final fix on the placement of my Odyssey's. Hence appreciate any inputs.
Have Fun

I am sorry for not replying to you earlier. It's about 8' from the front wall and 31/2' from the side walls. Listening position is about 6' away from the speakers.

Last edited:
Nice looking system...

Good looking system! :D

How do you like the sound of your Martin Logan SL3's? Also, If you do not mind my asking, what kind of music do you listen to, most of the time, on your beautiful system?

May I ask, what city, do you have such a great view of, out of your window? :D

Cheers

-Robin

Hi,

I live in Kuwait on a 8TH Floor Appartment. I listen to Jazz, old Rock, Indian Classical and Fusion. The sound of Martin Logan with Plinius SA-102 and Sonic Frontier Line 1 with Siemens NOS 6922 (obtained from Vaccum Tube Valley) is great.

Sorry for the dealy in replying to you

abhijit said:
The sound of Martin Logan with Plinius SA-102 and Sonic Frontier Line 1 with Siemens NOS 6922 (obtained from Vaccum Tube Valley) is great.

Another Plinius and ML member..... Just something about those Plinius Amps :D

Dan

Interconnect and Speaker Cable Upgrade

Can anyone suggest me of my interconnects and speaker cable upgrades for my current system? I have been recommended to go for Acoustic Zen's Satori Shotgun Speaker Cable and Silver Reference Interconnect (XLR). Is it worth spending so much? How do one rate Cardas Neutral Reference or Golden Cross Speaker Cables and Nutral Reference or Golden Cross Balanced Interconnect Cables. Has anyone heard cables from Synergisticresearch?

Currently I am using MIT T2 Bi-wire for my speaker system, MIT Proline for my Pre-amp to Amp and MIT 330 Proline for CD player to Pre-amp.

Refer to my present system – System # 63

HI,
I am using Transparent Ultra (MM) XLR in my system. I have recently upgraded from the Super (XL) range. There is a marked increase in performance - the bass is tighter and fuller and the midrange is more focussed and natural.

A good note for Transparent is that they have an upgrade scheme - so you could start at a lower end, and when funds permit upgrade. They give you around 75% of the original price back, so it is pretty good.

Btw, I am using Transparent throughout my system - Ultra XL Bicable for fronts, Ultra MM for centre and Plus for the rears. I am very pleased with the result
Rgds
Marc.

How do you obtain all of that American equipment in Kuwait?

Do you have to travel a lot for it or does someone (some store) import it for you?

Are you on Europe's standards for electrical power or North American standards?

Nice set up by the way.

kach22i said:
How do you obtain all of that American equipment in Kuwait?

Do you have to travel a lot for it or does someone (some store) import it for you?

Are you on Europe's standards for electrical power or North American standards?

Nice set up by the way.

Thanx for the complement. I have been travelling around this region. I have imported the CD player directly from Wadia Digital USA and Power Amp from Plinius Audio -New Zealand. The other items had been procured locally while I was in Muscat and Dubai. These systems all conforms to Eoropean Standards - 230VAC @ 50 Hz.

Back