System #60 (Mosiac, Fresco)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Neshamah

First of all, allow me to get the preliminaries out of the way:

1. Steven Hasting
  2. Stockbridge, GA 30281 USA
  3. Mosaics, Fresco
  4. 2005
  5. No modifications to my MLs.
  6. Associated Electronics (see my signature, and the text following this list)
  7. I love my Martin Logan speakers more than ANY other speakers I've ever owned. Their clarity, their soundstage, their openness and ease in presentation all contribute to the supereriority of these marvelous speakers.

1123637672.jpg

I wanted to share another picture or two with everyone. This one shows the Amps and peripherals that make up the core of my system.

Note the Marantz M500, which drives my Center Channel (ML Fresco); the B & K which now powers my ML Mosaics (Front L & R); and the Carver PM-175 which drives my Rear Surrounds (Sapphire SBLs).

Below the Amps is the Marantz SR7200. Even though it puts out 110 watts per channel, the only speaker it is driving is the Rear Center Channel (System Audio SA510AV). The SR7200 does a great job as a central processing unit through which I run the rest of my system. I've always liked the sound of the Marantz line of products.

Below the Marantz are the Direct TV DVR, the Sony DVD, and the Harmon Kardon CD Player (in that order). While none of these units are what I would call audiophile quality, they sound marvelous running through the system and funally out of the MLs. My next upgrade will be a new DVD player (hopefully a Marantz or a Denon).

I have some powerful Interconnects which help keep the sound quality as high as possible. For instance, I have a Supra EFF-I connecting the CD to the Marantz. But, I also have several Interconnects which I made myself. I'll talk about these in another post -- but keep your eye out for them. ;)

Here's the system:

1123637676.jpg

Comments and observations welcome !!!

Neshamah (Steve)

I thought I'd add one more pic, since these turned out so well . . . :)

1123637673.jpg

This picture shows the right Mosaic, along with the PS-10 Infinity sub and the voltage regulator (line conditioner) I picked up from Hi-Fi Plus (a Tweeter company that was going out of business).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy !!!

Neshamah (Steven)

My dream

Nice! That is my dream system (the Mosaics and the Fresco) right now!!!

Janibrewski said:
Nice! That is my dream system (the Mosaics and the Fresco) right now!!!

Janibrewski - Make it happen!

Steven - very clean looking system! I love the TV. Nice job.

-D

I like the no nonsense setup you have. You have chosen VERY nice speakers! Far greater than anything $2000 has the right to sound like.

Cheers! :D

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and support. I am so happy with my setup right now (though the upgrade bug is always biting ;) ).

Even though the Mosaics and Fresco are not the traditional "electrostatic" type speakers, they sound better than anything I've ever owned (Magneplanars, Mirages, Thiels, etc.). And given my listening area at the present time, these Mosaics are PLENTY of sound. Anything larger would just be too much.

Thanks again friends,

Neshamah (Steve)

Neshamah said:
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and support. I am so happy with my setup right now (though the upgrade bug is always biting ;) ).

Even though the Mosaics and Fresco are not the traditional "electrostatic" type speakers, they sound better than anything I've ever owned (Magneplanars, Mirages, Thiels, etc.). And given my listening area at the present time, these Mosaics are PLENTY of sound. Anything larger would just be too much.

Thanks again friends,

Neshamah (Steve)

You're planning on an upgrade??

Uh oh.... what do you have your eyes on? Summits? ;)

Joey_V said:
You're planning on an upgrade??

Uh oh.... what do you have your eyes on? Summits? ;)

Oh No !!! I'm not planning on getting any new speakers for quite a while.

I'm planning on getting a MARANTZ DV9500 SACD/DVD-A player. The little Sony DVD player I have now is strictly entry level. I have been coveting the DV9500 every since I read a review of it earlier this year in on a German audiophile site; but this one says pretty much the same thing.

After that, I'll probably be looking at a Martin Logan subwoofer (I like the Depth :D ).

Neshamah (Steve)

DVD Upgrade

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I decided (on the advice of a close friend) to get a Marantz DV6500, Super Audio CD/DVD Player. I might still get the DV9500 someday, but I can wait a LONG while now -- this DV6500 is everything I could ask for.

The only thing it doesn't have is the HDMI or the DVI output that the DV9500 has. It does have component out, and its picture is just as good as anything I've seen in the showrooms (although I'm not really a videophile). The sound, on the other hand, is phenomenal. The only SACD I have right now, Leo Kottke's 6 and 12 String Guitar, is the best recording I have ever heard, bar none. I'm looking forward to hearing more SACDs when I get them. ;)

At any rate, I just wanted to reflect the change in my system. I'm expecting a B&K ST1430 sometime this week (to replace the Carver PM-175 and the Marantz MA500). When I get that piece I will post again and post another picture or 2 along with it.

Thanks for reading !!! :D

Neshamah

PS: I will be reviewing the Kottke SACD sometime this or next week too.

Back