System #57 (Ascent i, Theater i, Descent, Script i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Service To Others ~ For The Good Of The Audio Cause...

SuperRobin
You are an amazing wealth of information. I always look forward to your posts.
Brad,

:D Thank you very much for the kind words of encouragement. I really do appreciate it... :D

Thanks again. :cheers:

It has recently been determined through extensive research into the vector paths of JTD, that this terrible afliction is most commonly transmitted through Aural Sects.

If you avoid Aural Sects, (such as the Martin Logan Club, the Polk Owners Club, or the Carver Owners Forum) your exposure to Joeyitis is dramatically decreased, however this will NOT guarantee that you will not be exposed.

--Richard

And if you abuse Aural Sects long enough, it may result in Hearing AIDS...:haha1:

Peter

U-571

I bet submarine movies sound very realistic on this system.
aussersein,

:DWelcome to the ML Club!

Thanks for looking... :D

You know as a matter of fact, now that you mention it the film U-571 does sound excellent on my system as well as Hunt For Red October, Chrimson Tide, Event 1000 and The Abyss... :music:

nice pics

I like your reef tank is that a 75 or a 90gal

movies

there is a movie i recommend for you to watch and that is Master & Commander you will enjoy the open part of the movie it will let you know how your system can handle cannon blasts and so forth. be preparded and take it easy on the volume control. good luck.

Hanging Speakers

I thought rear speakers were mounted on the wall. Do they sound better hanging from the ceilings. I've never heard of this before. I have Carver Amazings and have purchased a Theater i for my center and am in the process of having a pair of Scripts shipped to me. My processor is a new Sunfire TGP-5 with A Sunfire TGA 5400(5X400 watts) amp. Do you think I should hang those things from the ceiling???????? P.S. Mine are just the plain Scripts. Are the i's that much better?

Highly Recommended...

I thought rear speakers were mounted on the wall. Do they sound better hanging from the ceilings. I've never heard of this before. I have Carver Amazings and have purchased a Theater i for my center and am in the process of having a pair of Scripts shipped to me. My processor is a new Sunfire TGP-5 with A Sunfire TGA 5400(5X400 watts) amp. Do you think I should hang those things from the ceiling???????? P.S. Mine are just the plain Scripts. Are the i's that much better?

tah800,

:) Yes... I highly recommend mounting Script's from the ceiling as I have in my system. IMHO, plain Script's would work great as well. :music:The reason for the treffic sound is the down firing angle of the sound waves, which makes for some amazing surround sound effects for films as well as 7.1 music listening. Excellent for near field listen as well. :music: It truly is killer sound from above.

:D Good luck...

Can`t forget your name, My sister`s name is Robin. Congrats on a very nice system. Looks like your room is smal, so it must sound quite loud 9a good thing) when you turn it up!!:music:

Lovely Listening Pleasure...

mcintosh,

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Yes, I just love my system in cased in my little HT room. It has been serving me very well these past few years. I do so look forward to enjoying my beautiful ML sound everyday... :music:

Happy New Year!

nice speaker setup! I must say that that has to be the smallest HT I have ever seen! That is probably the most amount of ML speakers per square foot on record! Looking at your pics, you are not using your sub as your stand for your monitor are you? If you are I would move it as not to hurt your tv from all the vibrations! happy listening:music:

A Work in Progress...

gordonmenninger,

A belated thanks for the kind words.:bowdown: In about 40 months I'll finally be able to expand to a space roughly five times the size. I'm already planning up-grades.:D

Your system is lovely :bowdown: I love how you've set-up your electronic gear flush mounted in wall. And you wall treatments are wonderful as well.

Robin,

Nice to see you're still sporting the flying Scripts. I've been off the site for awhile, but I'm trying to get here everyday (or so) now to keep up with what's happening around Martin Logan Land. Great to see a familiar face (so to speak):D

Dan:rocker:

Last edited:
Great to hear from you...

Dan,

:DYes, it is great to hear from you as well.
I continually hear wondeful sounds from above from my script's.:music: I just love the sounds they reproduce. :music: When I move into the larger HT, I will consider more ML speakers for a 10.2 system. :D

Hi Robin,

How does the Anthem amp match up with your Logans and Apogees?

Any harshness or glare? What do you think of the build quality?

Anthem and ML's...

Hi Robin,

How does the Anthem amp match up with your Logans and Apogees?

Any harshness or glare? What do you think of the build quality?

Hi

First let me begin by saying unfortunately, I have never heard / auditioned Anthem gear with Apogees. I have never had the privilege of auditioning Apogees speakers but hopefully someday I shall. :eek:
It's been a few years now and my experience with Anthem and Logans are extremely positive in practical use everyday the sound is clear and un-colored. Never any harshness or glare. The Anthem P5 is put together very solidly and the craftmanship is excellent. I had to have my son and his friends position the P5 into place at the bottom of my equipment rack, where it has remained as I can't even budge it. :)The five individual mono blocks under one roof is simply stunningly marvelous each channel is powerful and individualized yet they blend perfectly together. I especially enjoy my system for HT - lovely bass deep tones and at the same time perfectly delicate high tones. I love it for music listening as well and for the same reasons. Ultimately, Anthem and Logans are a fantastic senergy of beautiful dynamic sound. :music:

HTH

From mid-2005:
The up side, is that in about seven years, I will be on moving to our, 3000 foot, home in the state of Washington.
Robin, if you are still out there....................it's been +7 years now.

Did you ever move into your Martin Logan ready home?

A blast from the past, thought of your system today when thinking about ceiling suspended speakers.

From late in 2009:
In about 40 months I'll finally be able to expand to a space roughly five times the size. I'm already planning up-grades.:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back