System #546 (SL3)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirolab

Reaction score
Back in 1989, I purchased a new pair of the Original Sequels. I loved them, but had to sell them when I moved.
Around 2000, I found this pair of used SL3's. Over the years the sound slowly deteriorated, but I've recently washed the panels, and they are revived!
That said... I am seriously contemplating asking ML for new panels. I drive the SL3's with an old Bryston 4B-ST (recapped), which is a great match. I have an even newer 4B-SST2, but the older ST is a tad brighter and more dynamic, which sounds better with the old SL3's.

My Pre/Pro is an Anthem D2V. I like the Anthem AV-Pre for its great user interface! It's onboard DAC is just OK for 2 channel stereo, but its analog direct signal path sounds great! I do not use the ARC room correction.... I've not even tried it because you need to have an old PC to plug it into to use it...... Other than that, it's a brilliant AV pre/pro.

My center channel is an 8" Tannoy driver in a DIY cabinet. The concentric driver makes a great center speaker!
As you can see in the corners.... my alternate speakers are even older... B&W 801-S2's.

Attachments

• Miro_Logans.jpg
    Miro_Logans.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 75
One of the local HiFi shops in metro-Detroit represented both those speakers.

They are both excellent in their own way.

Congrats!

Latest posts

Back